How do you add a legend in Revit?
Create a Legend
- Click View tab Create panel Legends drop-down (Legend).
- In the New Legend View dialog, enter a name for the legend view and select the view scale.
- Click OK. …
- Add the desired element symbols to the view using any of the following methods: …
- Click Annotate tab Text panel (Text).
How do I copy a legend in a Revit project?
Here is the process.
- Step 1 – Setup. Create a blank legend in the project you want to copy into. Name it appropriately. …
- Step 2 – Open BOTH Projects in the Same Revit session. Open the legend you want to copy FROM. Select all the elements from the legend and Copy to the clipboard (Ctrl+C or icon on the ribbon)
How do you edit a legend in Revit?
Modify Legend Component Properties
- Open a legend view.
- Select a legend component, and on the Properties Palette, specify the view direction, host length (if applicable), detail level, and component type. By default, the legend component acquires its detail level from the project view.
How do you add a keynote legend in Revit?
Add a keynote legend to a view to provide details of keynotes assigned to elements or materials in the view. You can access the Keynote Legend tool by clicking View tab Create panel Legends drop-down (Keynote Legend). There are 2 parameters predefined in the Scheduled fields list: Key Value and Keynote Text.
How do you add a symbol to a legend in Revit?
On the Annotate tab, select Legend Component to add a symbol to the legend view. On the Options Bar, select the family, and then select the view representation of the family you need. The Host Length sets how big the legend component will be.
How do I add a legend to multiple sheets in Revit?
Open the sheet on which you want to place the legend view. In the Project Browser, expand Legends, click the name of the legend view, drag it into the drawing area, and click to place it on the sheet. You can place a legend view on multiple sheets.
How do I copy a drafting view from one project to another?
Insert a Drafting View from Another Project
- Open the target Revit project (that is, the project in which you want to insert the existing drafting view).
- Click Insert tab Import panel Insert from File drop-down Insert Views from File.
- In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open.
How do I copy and paste from one project to another in Revit?
Go to the file you want to copy from, highlight the objects to copy and type “Ctrl-C” (that is, hold down the Ctrl key and type “C”). Then open the file you want to paste that element into and type “Ctrl-V.”