How do I save a drawing format?
To Save a Drawing File as a Different File Type
- Click Application menu Save As Drawing. Find.
- In the Save Drawing As dialog box, select a location, and enter a file name.
- In the Files of Type drop-down list, choose one of the following types and save: DWG drawing format versions (*. dwg) a drawing standards file (*. dws)
How do I save a drawing template in SOLIDWORKS?
To save a drawing template, simply go to File > Save As and change the file format from Drawing (. slddrw) to Drawing Template (. drwdot). Other than the settings found under Document Properties, there are certain sheet properties that can be saved to your Drawing Template.
How do you create a drawing format in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a template:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- Double-click the type of template that you want to create: Part, Assembly, or Drawing.
- Click Options. …
- On the Document Properties tab, select options to customize your new document template, then click OK. …
- Click File > Save As.
How do I change the drawing format in SOLIDWORKS?
To edit the drawing sheet format:
- Click Edit Sheet Format (Sheet Format toolbar), or Edit > Sheet Format, or right-click any blank area on the drawing sheet, or the sheet icon in the FeatureManager design tree, and click Edit Sheet Format.
- Edit the sheet format.
How do I save a template in SOLIDWORKS 2020?
In SOLIDWORKS, choose File>Save As and change the file type to Part Template. By default, SOLIDWORKS will redirect you to the default folder for SOLIDWORKS templates.
Where is the drawing template in SOLIDWORKS?
The drawing templates are usually shown when you choose File > New in SOLIDWORKS. You might notice that there are several different tabs displayed when you choose to start a new drawing. These tabs correspond to different folders listed within your document template settings.
How do you copy a worksheet format in Solidworks?
Select the view either on the sheet or in the FeatureManager design tree. Click Edit, Cut or Copy. Change to the target sheet or drawing document, click where you want to paste the view, and click Edit, Paste.
How do I save a template in Solidworks 2019?
Click File > Save As. Select a template type for Save as type: Part Templates (*. prtdot)
How do you create a drawing sheet in Solidworks?
To add a sheet: Click Insert > Sheet. You can also right-click any sheet tab or any sheet icon in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Add Sheet.
How do I import a drawing template into Solidworks?
Default Templates Options
- Click Options. or Tools > Options.
- Select Default Templates.
- Click the appropriate browse button (Parts, Assemblies, or Drawings).
- In the New SolidWorks Document dialog box, select the template you prepared and click OK.
- Select: Always use these default document templates. …
- Click OK.