STL files can be imported into Inventor using the Open command. The obtained model is a 3D mesh, which cannot be edited in Inventor or converted to workable objects. How to import an STL mesh and convert it into editable geometry in Autodesk Inventor (surface or solid).
How do I export from STL to Inventor?
When exporting the STL from Inventor use the following workflow:
- Navigate to File>Save As>Save Copy As.
- Select Save as type and select STL.
- Select Options and input your required scale settings.
What files can be imported to Inventor?
Importing DXF, OBJ, STL, Revit, DWF Markup, and IDF files.
- To import into file, do one of the following: To import to a new file select: …
- In the applicable dialog box, set the Files of type to view the available files.
- Select the file to import and click Options to specify import settings and then open the file.
What programs work with STL files?
7 of the best free STL file editors
- MeshLab. MeshLab is a very complete free and open source program to edit your STL files. …
- SketchUp. SketchUp, which used to be called Google SketchUp, is a 3D modeling software that now belongs to the architectural company Trimble Buildings. …
- SculptGL. SculptGL is a free 3D sculpting tool.
What are the 4 types of files you can make with Inventor?
File Types and Templates in Inventor. Understand the structure and use of part, assembly, presentation, and drawing files.
Who invented STL file format?
STL was invented by the Albert Consulting Group for 3D Systems in 1987. The format was developed for 3D Systems’ first commercial 3D printers. Since its initial release, the format remained relatively unchanged for 22 years.
How do I smooth a STL file?
- Use Netfabb (download available here: Netfabb downloads) to clean up your STL. …
- Open up Blender and import your STL by going to the menu bar and click File > Import > STL. ( …
- Open Edit Mode to display the polygons of the STL by pressing Tab. …
- Convert the triangles into quads by pressing Alt+J.
What file types can Inventor edit?
You can open DWG files in AutoCAD, Inventor, or DWG TrueView. If you create data using Inventor in a DWG file, you can modify the data only with Inventor.
Which is better Solidworks or Inventor?
Features. Compared to Autodesk Inventor, SOLIDWORKS has much more powerful solid feature options, allowing for much more complex geometries to be created faster and easier. Extrude/revolve start and end conditions must be a surface.
Can you edit an STL file in Inventor?
STL files can be imported into Inventor using the Open command. The obtained model is a 3D mesh, which cannot be edited in Inventor or converted to workable objects.
Can you open STL files in AutoCAD?
While some CAD programs are able to import STL files, AutoCAD users will know that it isn’t possible with this software. DWG is the native file format of AutoCAD that can store both 2D and 3D data. It’s highly compatible with other CAD software, making it one of the most commonly used formats around.
What software does Creality use?
3DPrinterOS is the most advanced 3D Printing cloud software for the Creality CR-10(S) 3D printers. If you are looking for Creality CR-10(S) 3d printer software, the best choice is 3DPrinterOS. It covers all your needs and even more.
What files can Inventor export?
About the Export Files Task
- IGES (*. igs, *. ige, *. iges) (Default output is *. igs.)
- STEP (*. stp, *. ste, *. step)
- DWG (*. dwg)
- SAT (*. sat)
- JT (*. jt)
- OBJ (*. obj)
- Parasolid (binary (*. x_b), text (*. x_t))
- Pro/ENGINEER (Granite (*. g), Neutral (*. neu))
Can Inventor Open STEP files?
You can open a STEP file to create a new Autodesk Inventor part. You can also place a STEP file into an Autodesk Inventor assembly.
Where are Inventor files stored?
These backups are stored in a sub-folder located under your project workspace called “OldVersions”. The files are automatically named <Inventor file name>.