You can edit a Trim feature and modify the cutting volume. To do so, simply double-click the feature in the specification tree and then select a new volume in the Cutting volume field. You can also swap the input volumes: right-click the Volume to trim field and select the Swap operands contextual item.
How do I cut a section in Catia?
Creating 3D Section Cuts
- Select Insert > Sectioning from the menu bar, or click Sectioning in the DMU Space Analysis toolbar and create a section plane. …
- In the Definition tab, click Volume Cut to obtain a section cut:
What is the difference between trim and split in Catia?
The main difference between these two commands is that Split is only cutting specific surfaces while Trim will cut all surfaces involved in the operation.
How do I cut a view in Catia?
Creating an Offset Section View / Cut
- In the Drawing window, click Offset Section View in the Views toolbar ( Sections sub-toolbar). If desired, you can also click Offset Section Cut . …
- Create the first point of the profile. …
- Choose the constraint. …
- Double-click to end the cutting profile creation.
How do you take sections in CATIA v6?
- Place the assembly in a desired position. You may use Nominal Build, Continuous Animate, Show Min (from Simulation Results View menu,) etc. to manipulate the graphics.
- Save or Set Geometry. CGR / HSF Method. a. Select File. Save As and change the Save as type to cgr or hsf. Save the file. b. …
- Use the.
What is master section in CATIA?
Master sections are the guides for design requirements which decide the component packaging after technical (Styling, Concept or Class-A) surfaces. Concept development in BIW.