How do you cut an object into a plane in SolidWorks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
What is a planar cut?
Used to generate a planar section through design geometry, using as a cutting plane an existing planar element, a plane defined by three points, or a plane perpendicular to a view and defined by two points.
Can you create a plane in SolidWorks?
You can create planes in part or assembly documents. You can use planes to sketch, to create a section view of a model, for a neutral plane in a draft feature, and so on. Click Plane (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane .
How do I cut part of a SolidWorks assembly?
To create an assembly feature cut:
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
- Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.
What is hand planer used for?
A hand planer can pare off just a thin slice of wood, no tool is better for shaving the edge of a sticking door, chamfering the corner of a board, or straightening one that is twisted or warped. That’s why most carpenters still pack a hand plane or two in their toolboxes.
How do you show planes in Solidworks?
You can turn the display of planes on or off. To toggle the display of planes: Click View > Hide/Show > Planes.
How do you cut a circle in Solidworks?
Trimming with Power Trim
- Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Click Trim Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Options, select Power trim .
- Click in the graphics area next to the first entity, and drag across the sketch entity to trim.
How do you trim a 3D object in Solidworks?
To trim a 3D sketch:
- Start the 3D sketch on a 2D plane.
- Then do either of the following: Right-click and select 3D sketch on a plane. Double-click a plane or sketch entity. You can use any of the following trim options: Power trim. Corner. Trim away inside. Trim away outside. Trim to closest.
How do you cut a shape out of another shape in Solidworks?
To subtract bodies:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Subtract.
- For Main Body, select the body to keep. …
- For Bodies to Subtract, select the bodies whose material you want to remove.
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .