Click Wrap (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Wrap. In the graphics area, select the SOLIDWORKS sketch.
How do you wrap in Solidworks?
- Select the sketch you want to wrap from the FeatureManager design tree. …
- Click Wrap on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Wrap.
- In the PropertyManager, under Wrap Type: …
- If you select Emboss or Deboss , you can select a line, linear edge, or plane to set a Pull Direction . …
- Click OK .
What is wrap feature in Solidworks?
The SOLIDWORKS Wrap feature allows you to remove or add material to a part by projecting a sketch around a surface.
What is wrap feature?
The wrap feature in SOLIDWORKS is great if you are trying to project a sketch without any distortion around a surface and cut or add material to that part. It supports any face which is planar, cylindrical, conical, extruded, or revolved.
What is pull direction in wrap SolidWorks?
For a line or linear edge, the pull direction is the direction of the selected entity. For a plane, the pull direction is normal to the plane. Pull direction – Plane A. Pull direction – Plane B. To wrap the sketch normal to the sketch plane, leave Pull Direction blank.
Which one is the method to create a wrap feature?
The wrap can be created using an analytical method (for planar or non-planar faces) or a spline surface method (which wraps your sketch on to any face type). Within the wrap function, you can emboss, which applies raised features to a surface. You can also deboss, which indents features.
What is loft in Solidworks?
The loft feature is an important tool for (surface) modeling in SolidWorks. The loft feature creates a shape by making transitions between multiple profiles and guide curves. This tool is very valuable for modeling complex surfaces. You can do some really cool stuff when you use this feature properly.
How do I cut text into a part in Solidworks?
- Click a face of a part.
- Click Text. …
- In the graphics area, select an edge, curve, sketch, or sketch segment. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Text, type the text to display. …
- Set the properties in the Sketch Text PropertyManager as necessary.
- Click .
- With the sketch still open, extrude or cut the text.
How do you bend an object in Solidworks?
To create a sketched bend feature:
- Sketch a line on a planar face of the sheet metal part. …
- Click Sketched Bend. …
- In the graphics area, select a face that does not move as a result of the bend for Fixed Face .
- Click a Bend position of Bend Centerline , Material Inside , Material Outside , or Bend Outside .
How do you make a plane surface in Solidworks?
- Click Plane (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane .
- In the PropertyManager, select an entity for First Reference . …
- Select a Second Reference and Third Reference as necessary to define the plane. …
- Click .
What is Envelope SolidWorks?
An assembly envelope is a special type of assembly component. … You can use envelopes as reference components and as selection tools. Envelopes are ignored in global assembly operations such as bills of materials and mass properties.
What is boundary cut in SolidWorks?
A Boundary Surface can be used instead of a Filled Surface for a more controllable transition between faces. A Boundary Cut is created in the same way as a Boundary Boss/Base, but the volume of the feature is removed.