How do I change driven dimensions?
Setting Multiple Dimensions to Driven
- In a sketch, select the dimensions.
- Right-click to display the shortcut menu.
- Under Dimension, click Driven.
How do you delete a driven dimension in Solidworks?
Highlight the dimension. In the property menu on the left side of the screen, select the “Other” tab. Uncheck the box next to “driven”.
What is a driven dimension solidworks?
If you dimension a closed-profile sketch that would cause an over defined sketch, the dimension is automatically changed to driven.
What does make dimension driven mean?
Make This Dimension Driven. The over defined or unsolvable state is repaired. Leave This Dimension Driving. The sketch remains over defined or unsolvable. Look for other dimensions or relations that you can delete or change.
How do I change a smart dimension in Solidworks?
To change a dimension:
- Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears.
- Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box. …
- Choose from: …
- Use the buttons as follows:
How do you make a driven dimension a global variable?
Linking Dimensions Using Global Variables
- Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign). …
- Type a name for the global variable. …
- Click Create Global Variable .
- Click . …
- Toggle the display of the value and the name by clicking the Global Variable button .
What are driving dimensions?
The driving dimensions are the values that were directly input into BikeCAD. For example, head angle and seat angle can be directly specified through text fields in BikeCAD. The driven dimensions are calculated by BikeCAD. Driven dimensions will change as a result of changes to driving dimensions.
What is a driven dimension in Fusion 360?
“Driving” dimensions are dimensions that “drive” the shape or size of the sketch geometry based on the values inputted. Contrary, you can create “Driven” dimensions, which are dimensions used simply for reference purposes.