How do you combine 2 3D models?
- Select two or more models on the build plate using ‘shift + left clicking’ the model.
- Selected models are indicated by a blue outline.
- ‘Right click’ one of the selected models, and select ‘merge models’. The shortcut for this command is ‘ctrl / cmd + alt + G’
- Merged models have a grey bounding box.
What programs work with STL files?
7 of the best free STL file editors
- MeshLab. MeshLab is a very complete free and open source program to edit your STL files. …
- SketchUp. SketchUp, which used to be called Google SketchUp, is a 3D modeling software that now belongs to the architectural company Trimble Buildings. …
- SculptGL. SculptGL is a free 3D sculpting tool.
Can you combine STL files in Cura?
There’s no need to manually move them around in the slicer. In Cura you simply select all models then and use the “Merge models” function (right mouse click). Basically this function lines up all origins and the parts are placed exactly like they were exported (relatively to each other). Good luck!
How do I open a STL file?
To open an STL file go to Start a new model and choose From a 3D file. You can browse for your file on the hard drive or drag and drop it into the browser.
Can you make STL file from assembly?
You can set the export options when you export SolidWorks part or assembly documents as STL files. To set the STL export options: Click File, Save As.
How do I merge mesh files?
- Select the separate objects that you want to combine.
- Press Ctrl + Numpad + , to perform a union operation.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Numpad Enter to apply the operation.
How do I play STL files on Windows?
For this to work, you will need to have STL viewer as the default app to open STL files. This can be easily achieved by right clicking an STL -> Open with -> Choose another app and select 3D Viewer. Make sure you select the Always use this app to open STL files, then click OK.
Can you open STL files in AutoCAD?
While some CAD programs are able to import STL files, AutoCAD users will know that it isn’t possible with this software. DWG is the native file format of AutoCAD that can store both 2D and 3D data. It’s highly compatible with other CAD software, making it one of the most commonly used formats around.
How do I open STL files on my phone?
Associates with STL files which could be opened directly from Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
- Open one or more STL files via the app’s internal file browser or directly from an external app.
- Press and hold your finger on a 3D model to select it.
- Go to File –> 3D Print –> Upload –> Go to Treatstock.