Lock a permanent dimension to create a constraint. When you place a permanent dimension, you can click the lock icon for the dimension and create a constraint. A constraint (dashed blue line) appears when you select its references, as shown in the following image. Many dimensions may correspond to the same constraint.
How do you edit constraints in Revit?
Edit Rebar Constraints
- Select a rebar element in your model.
- Click Modify | Structural Rebar tab Host panel (Edit Constraints).
- Select a bar handle, choose a constraint target and adjust the bar geometry and behavior. …
- Click a new reference line to assign the new constraint reference.
How do I add a constraint in Revit family?
Constrain Family Geometry
- Use the Align tool and select the specific reference plane and the sketch line to establish the constraint.
- When the lock symbol displays, click it to lock the constraint.
What is top constraint in Revit?
Top constraint is where the top of the wall is constraint to. If you set this on unconnected you specify the wall’s unconnected height. Alternatively you can specify a level as top constraint, the wall will then run up to this level. Additionally you can specify an offset for both the base and top constraints.
How do you show constraints in Revit?
- On the View Control Bar, click (Reveal Constraints). …
- Select a constraint to highlight the elements that are constrained. …
- Optional: Remove the constraint by simply deleting it, or by unlocking it. …
- On the View Control Bar, click to exit Reveal Constraints mode.
How do you add reveals in Revit?
Add a Wall Reveal
- Open a 3D or non-parallel elevation view.
- Click Architecture tab Build panel Wall drop-down (Wall: Reveal).
- In the Type Selector, select the desired type of wall reveal.
- Click Modify | Place Wall Reveal Placement panel, and select the orientation of the wall reveal: Horizontal or Vertical.
How do I delete a constraint in Revit?
- Select a dimension.
- Do any of the following: Click a lock to unlock it. Click the EQ symbol to remove an equality constraint. The EQ symbol appears with a slash through it when the equality constraint is not applied. Delete the dimension that corresponds to the constraint.
What is top offset in Revit?
Top Offset. The offset of the wall from the top level. This parameter is enabled only when the Top Constraint is set to a level.