Is it possible to edit STEP File?
With PTC Creo, design engineers can edit 3D CAD data from STEP files using a direct modeling approach that won’t sacrifice the original design intent. Engineers collaborate effectively and interact easily with third-party or legacy CAD data files.
How do I edit a step File in Solidworks 2019?
The STEP file opens with the imported body.
To edit a feature created from an imported document:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the feature created from the imported document, and select Edit Feature. …
- In the Files of type list, select the desired format.
- Browse to select the desired file to import.
How do I edit a part in Solidworks?
To edit a part while in an assembly:
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
Can you open a STEP File in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect can read STEP, IGES, and ACIS file formats. … To open STEP, IGES, and ACIS files in SOLIDWORKS: Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
Can you edit a step file in Solidworks?
You can edit only features that were created from an ACIS, Autodesk Inventor, IGES, Parasolid, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, STEP, VDAFS, or VRML file.
How do I edit a step in Solidworks 2020?
You need to add a feature to the imported body.
- Select the bottom face of the imported body.
- Click Chamfer . …
- Under Chamfer Parameters, make the desired settings and click OK . …
- Right-click Imported1 in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Feature. …
- Click OK. …
- Select the STEP file and click Open.
How do you import steps into Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS supports exporting the unit of length of a part or assembly document to a STEP AP203 or AP214 file. You can set export options in the STEP Export Options dialog box.
How do I import a STEP file into solidworks 2020?
In a part document, click Imported Geometry on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Imported. The Open dialog box appears. Browse to the desired file, and click Open. For ACIS, IGES, STEP, STL, VDAFS, or VRML files, you can click Options to set the import options.
How do you cut parts out of a Solidworks assembly?
To create an assembly feature cut:
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
- Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.
How do you cut a part in assembly in Solidworks?
- In the assembly, click Edit Component for the part to be cut.
- Insert – Feature – Cavity.
- Select the part that you wish to do the cutting with.
- Hide the cutting tool if necessary. You can’t suppress or delete it, as the cavity feature is referencing it.
Can you scale parts in assembly solidworks?
To scale an entire SOLIDWORKS assembly, it is possible to scale each part independently, however this could be extremely tedious for an assembly with a large number of components. Alternatively, you can save the assembly as a multi-body part and scale this part in a single step.
What program opens a step file?
You can open a STEP file in a variety of CAD programs, including Autodesk Fusion 360 (cross-platform), IMSI TurboCAD (Windows, Mac), FreeCAD (cross-platform), and Dassault Systemes CATIA (Windows, Linux).
How do I convert Assembly to STEP in Solidworks?
You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. To set the STEP export options: Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.