How do I get BIM 360 on my desktop?
Ensure that you are using the current release before contacting Autodesk Support.
Install Desktop Connector for BIM 360
- Download and install the latest version of Desktop Connector for Windows.
- Open the downloaded package and follow the instructions.
- Restart your machine.
Is there a BIM 360 desktop app?
With the Desktop Connector, you can connect your desktop environment with your BIM 360 Docs account. Now your entire project team will be up to date, wherever they are. Download Now V15.
How do I install BIM 360?
Click Profile menu Downloads to launch the Autodesk BIM 360 Add-in apps download page. Click the appropriate add-in app for your authoring software, and click Save. Open the folder where you saved the add-in and unzip it. Open the unzipped folder, click Setup.exe, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Where is BIM 360 local file?
BIM 360 Design local files: C:Users%username%AppDataLocalAutodeskRevitAutodesk Revit 2019CollaborationCache. This is where the “Local” file is saved for a BIM 360 Design project.
How do you download BIM 360 Glue?
After you’ve activated your Glue account, you can download the Glue desktop installer here: https://b4.autodesk.com/desktop/. In the Welcome to Autodesk BIM 360 Glue Email, click the project host link or the Get Started button to launch Glue.
How do I download BIM 360 files?
You can download models from BIM 360 Glue to your computer.
- Do one of the following: To download from the models page, make your selection, and right-click Download. …
- In the Choose Location for Model dialog, navigate to a directory to save the file to and click Select Folder. …
- Click Open Location to open the directory.
How do I use a desktop connector?
Use the Desktop Connector
- Open the Data Sources panel.
- Click Add File Data Source.
- Navigate to a local hub in Desktop Connector. See What Are Connected Drives? for more information.
- Select the desired data source. For example, select a . …
- Click Open.
- Configure the data for use in your model.
How do I sync my BIM 360?
Simply double-click on the installation file to install 360 Sync. Once installed and configured, 360 Sync™ will automatically synchronize 24/7/365. Start 360 Sync™ and provide BIM 360 user credentials that has access to specific project files in the BIM 360 Cloud.
How do I activate my BIM 360?
In account administration, click Projects. Click a project in the list. On the Project Admin page, click Services. Choose the desired BIM 360 service and click Activate.
How do I get started with BIM?
Three Ways to Get Started in BIM
- Tap Into Your General Contractor’s BIM Department. This is the most common solution to fill the modeling gap. …
- Hire a Third Party Consultant. For smaller firms, using a third party modeling consultant can be an alternative to investing in new software. …
- Invest in Software and Training.
Is BIM 360 part of Revit?
With the BIM 360 add-in for Autodesk Revit, you can share the latest project models directly to your BIM 360 project from within Revit. With Clash pinpoint, you can access the most recent project data and clashing elements directly in Revit as part of round-trip clash resolution workflows.
Where is my Revit file?
Solution: When working on Collaboration for Revit files, local copies are saved at the following file path: C:Users%USERNAME%AppDataLocalAutodeskRevit
How do I restore a Revit file?
Restore a backup copy of the central model:
- Start Revit.
- Click Collaborate tab Synchronize panel (Restore Backup).
- In the Browse for Folder dialog, navigate to the copy of the backup folder for the central model (created in step 2), and click Open.
How do I open a local file in Revit?
Create a Local Copy of a Central Model
- Click File tab Open.
- In the Open dialog, navigate to the folder where the central model resides and select it. To navigate to a central model that is connected to the Revit Server: …
- Under Worksharing, verify that Create New Local is selected. …
- Click Open.