How do I create a new workset in Revit?
To create a new workset, click New. Revit displays the New Workset dialog. Enter “Shell and Core” for the name. Also leave Visible in all views selected, and then click OK.
How do I manage a workset in Revit?
To control the worksets in the linked project, select the linked file and then click Manage Worksets. Revit displays the Manage Worksets for Link dialog. Here, you can select one or more linked worksets and change their Opened status.
Where is the Workset tab in Revit?
Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Worksets). In the Worksets dialog, click New. In the New Workset dialog, enter a name for the new workset. To display the workset in all project views, select Visible in all views.
How do you edit a workset in Revit?
Edit a Workset
- Select an active workset, using one of the following methods: …
- If you want all elements that are not in the active workset to be gray, click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Gray Inactive Worksets).
- Edit or add elements in the workset, as necessary.
What is Revit workset?
A workset is a collection of elements in a workshared project. You can create worksets based on functional areas, such as the following: For architecture and structural engineering: interior, exterior, and site.
How do you unload a workset in Revit?
Manage Worksets in Revit Links
- Have you ever wanted to unload some of the unnecessary data from a Revit link?
- Step 1: From the Project Browser, select a Revit link & right click:
- Step 2: From the Manage Worksets dialogue select a workset to close.
- Step 3: Select Reload.
How do I create a design option in Revit?
Setup a Design Option
- On the Manage tab within Revit, select the Design Option button.
- Select the New button under Design Option Set to create a new option set called “Option Set 1”. …
- Select the New button under Option to create a new option called Option 2.
- Close the Design Option dialog.
How do you set a base point in Revit?
To select the project base point, move the cursor over the symbol and look at the tooltip or the status bar. If it says Site: Survey Point, press Tab until it says Site: Project Base Point. Click to select the project base point. Drag the project base point to the desired location.
How do you set up a workset?
- Open your local copy of the central model.
- Click Collaborate tab Manage Collaboration panel (Worksets).
- In the Worksets dialog, click New.
- In the New Workset dialog, enter a name for the new workset.
- To display the workset in all project views, select Visible in all views. …
- Click OK.
How do I create a central file in Revit?
Create a Central Model from an Existing Workshared Model
- Open the existing workshared file.
- Click File tab Save As (Project).
- In the Save As dialog, rename the file, and click Options.
- In the File Save Options dialog, select Make this a Central Model after save.
- Select a default workset for local copies.
Does Revit LT have Worksets?
Worksets: When working in the model, the Revit LT user can modify any element in any workset. Aside from editing elements in any workset, the Revit LT user cannot modify worksets in the project. For example, the Revit LT user cannot move elements between worksets, or add or delete worksets.
What does it mean when a workset is not editable?
For now, remember that seeing (Not Editable) means you have NOT taken ownership of any User Created Worksets…and that’s GOOD.