In Tools > Options, on the General tab, select Open files read-only. When selected, this option also selects the Open as read-only option in the Open dialog box. Clearing the option in the Open dialog box does not affect the option in the Options dialog box.
How do I get out of read-only in Solidworks?
A really quick fix
- In SOLIDWORKS, open the Options dialog box, and select Collaboration.
- Check the boxes marked Enable multi-user environment and Add shortcut menu items for multi-user environment (pictured below)
- Close the Options dialog box.
- From the File menu, select Get Write Access (inset image below)
How do I change a read-only file in Solidworks?
Go to System Options → Collaboration and click “Enable Multi-user Environment.” Then, enable “Check if files opened read-only have been modified by other users” and choose an appropriate time interval.
What is a read-only file in Solidworks?
Checks if files have been made available for write access or have changed on disk since the last reload. To check files for a change in status: Search ‘Check Read-only Files’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base. …
Can’t Save read-only files solidworks?
Go to Tools > Options > System Options > External References and select Don’t prompt to save read-only referenced documents to avoid listing read-only referenced documents in this dialog box. Cancels saving the documents without closing them.
How do you lock a SolidWorks file?
To lock files in SOLIDWORKS and DraftSight: In the Collaborative Sharing pane, hover over the file image, click the down arrow , and select Lock.
How do I lock an assembly in SolidWorks?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
What is Toolbox in SolidWorks?
The Toolbox is a collection of several powerful tools built into SolidWorks; it can increase productivity and decrease the time required to complete a design. The Toolbox contains a vast library of standard hardware components that can easily be dropped into a design at any point.
How do you define a fillet in SolidWorks?
To create fillets:
- Click Fillet on the Features toolbar, or click Insert, Features, Fillet/Round.
- Set the PropertyManager options. For constant radius fillets only, you can use the FilletXpert to add or modify fillets and to manage fillet corners.
- Click OK .
How do I change a toolbox in SolidWorks?
To edit Toolbox components from the Configure Component PropertyManager:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, Shift + select the configurations to modify.
- Right-click and click Edit Toolbox component. …
- Modify component properties. …
- Click .
What is a Sldasm file?
An SLDASM file is a three-dimensional assembly created with SolidWorks CAD software. It typically contains several SolidWorks Part (. SLDPRT) files organized into a single assembly. SLDASM files may also be viewed with Adobe Acrobat 3D or Acrobat Pro 9 or later.
What is the file extension of a SolidWorks drawing file?
SolidWorks is a CAD software developed by Dassault Systèmes. SolidWorks supported native or neutral formats are IGES, DXF, DWG, STEP, ACIS, STL, Parasolid, PDF, VDA.
To share a file, right-click and select Share. You can then edit settings for each shared file from the File Sharing tab in both the desktop and the Plenary web client interface. The Share command creates a special link to the files through the Plenary web client. You can copy, email, and password protect this link.
How do I get write access in Solidworks 2020?
Click File > Make Read-Only or File > Get Write Access.