Expand the Windows Start Menu. Find the affected Autodesk Civil 3D instance and expand the menu. Select the Reset Settings to Default utility.
How do I reset AutoCAD to default settings?
From the AutoCAD menu, click Preferences. In Preferences, click the Application tab. Click the Reset Application Options button. Click Reset AutoCAD.
How do I switch settings in Civil 3D?
How to migrate Civil 3D custom settings from older version to newer version or one computer to another
- Export/Import user profile from the Options>Profiles (About Saving Program Settings as Profiles).
- Export/Import CUI (Commands for Migrating and Transferring Custom Settings).
How do I reset my AutoCAD toolbar?
Select or reset the current workspace
- On the Status bar, click the drop-down arrow next to the Workspace gear icon.
- Select a workspace or switch to a different one.
- If needed, switch back to the desired workspace. The act of changing workspaces and back can restore it.
How do I change settings in AutoCAD?
How to select options and specify preferences for general drawing settings.
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click a tab and set options as desired.
- Save the settings: To save the settings and keep working in the dialog box, click Apply.
To Display the Menu Bar
- At the top-left of the application window, on the right end of the Quick Access toolbar, click the drop-down menu Show Menu Bar.
- At the Command prompt, enter MENUBAR. Enter 1 to display the menu bar.
How do I make AutoCAD 2018 my default program?
Right-click any existing DWG file (AutoCAD drawing) on your computer to open the menu pictured to the right. Select Open With from the menu. Then select Choose Default Program from the submenu that opens. Then select Choose another app from the submenu that opens.
How do I import previous settings in AutoCAD?
Use the migration utility to transfer settings from the older version of AutoCAD to the new version:
- Windows 10 and 8.1: Start > AutoCAD 20xx > Migrate From a Previous Release.
- Windows 7 and XP: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Migrate Custom Settings > Migrate From a Previous Release.
How do I change my workspace settings in AutoCAD?
Manually transfer the settings from one computer to another
- On the command line, enter CUI.
- On the Transfer tab of the Customize User Interface dialog box, verify that there’s an empty CUI file in the right panel. …
- In the left panel, click the workspace that is being transferred.
How do I move my workspace settings in AutoCAD?
Select the Transfer tab in the Customize User Interface dialog box. Select the workspace you want to transfer in the left pane, beneath Workspaces (example: My Workspace Settings). Drag that workspace into the Workspaces section in the right pane.
How do I restore a workspace in AutoCAD?
From the Tools menu, select Toolbars > AutoCAD. Select a toolbar and dock it around the canvas/drawing area. Select any other desired toolbars. Select Tools > Workspaces > Save Current As and save the workspace.
How do you reset plot styles in AutoCAD?
In the Options dialog box, select the Plot and Publish tab . Click Plot Style Table Settings . Under Default Plot Style, select either Use Color-Dependent Plot Styles or Use Named Plot Styles . Select the default plot style table from the drop-down list .
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
The Option button can indeed be found by clicking the RED A. Why it’s there and not on the main ribbons, only the geniuses at AutoCAD can explain. But I suspect it has something to do with making everything as difficult as possible.
Is it necessary to set limits in AutoCAD?
The Limits command in AutoCAD is used to set an invisible rectangular boundary in the drawing area or viewport. It limits the grid display and the point locations. We are required to specify the coordinates of the opposite corners of the rectangular window.