How do I reuse a sketch in Solidworks?
If you want to reuse the original sketch in another feature, simply make the sketch visible. When editing the sketch you can add contours and use them in the existing features and add new features to the new sketch entries.
How do you copy multiple sketches in Solidworks?
To copy one or more sketch entities, select the entities, then click Edit, Copy, or press Ctrl+C. Click in the graphics area, then click Edit, Paste or press Ctrl+V.
How do you reference another sketch in Solidworks?
To derive a sketch from a sketch in the same part:
- Select the sketch from which you want to derive a new sketch.
- Hold the Ctrl key and click the face on which you want to place the new sketch.
- Click Insert, Derived Sketch. …
- Position the derived sketch by dragging and dimensioning it to the selected face. …
- Exit the Sketch.
Can you save a sketch in Solidworks?
Saving Sketches in the Design Library
In the FeatureManager design tree, select the sketch to add to the Design Library. … In the PropertyManager, under Save To, type a file name and select a Design Library folder. Click . The sketch is saved as a block in your Design Library.
How do I get my solidworks toolbar back?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do I Group A sketch in Solidworks?
- In a drawing document, box-select or hold down Ctrl and select two or more annotations to group.
- Click Group. (Align toolbar), or click Tools > Align > Group > Group.
- Click an empty area of the drawing to clear all of the selections.
- Drag any annotation in the group.
How do I move an entire sketch in Solidworks?
Moving or Copying Sketch Entities
- Click Move Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Move.
- Click Copy Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Copy.
- Right-click to display the Sketch shortcut menu, click Sketch Tools, and click Move Entities or Copy Entities.
How do you duplicate a feature in Solidworks?
To copy a feature:
- Click Instant3D on the Features toolbar.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the feature to copy.
- Hold down Ctrl and drag the feature to a location on the same face or a different face.
How do I mirror a sketch in Solidworks?
To mirror sketch entities as you sketch them:
- Select a line or a model edge in an open sketch.
- Click Dynamic Mirror Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Dynamic Mirror . …
- Create the sketch entities that you want to mirror. …
- To turn mirroring off, click Dynamic Mirror Entities.
What is external reference in Solidworks?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do you duplicate a file in Solidworks?
Select the parent file and click Tools > Copy Tree . A dialog box appears to let you specify how the copy is performed. For a description of the options in the dialog box, see Copy Tree Dialog Box. Select whether the files should be copied to a folder or a compressed archive.
How is a sketch different from a plan?
is that plan is a drawing showing technical details of a building, machine, etc, with unwanted details omitted, and often using symbols rather than detailed drawing to represent doors, valves, etc while sketch is a rapidly executed freehand drawing that is not intended as a finished work, often consisting of a …
How can you tell if you are sketching on a different sketch plane?
How can you tell if you are sketching on a different sketch plane? The coordinate triad has changed its position to represent the position of the plane you are sketching on.