How do I change a model plane in SolidWorks?
To change the plane of a sketch:
- Select the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and click Edit, Sketch Plane. – or – …
- Select a new plane in the FeatureManager design tree or select a new planar face in the model for Sketch Plane/Face .
- Click OK .
How do you change the ground plane in SolidWorks?
To define a ground plane:
- In an assembly, click Insert > Reference Geometry > Ground Plane.
- In the PropertyManager, in Ground Plane, select a face in the assembly.
- (Optional.) Click Reverse Direction , or click the handle in the graphics area.
- Click . Ground Plane appears in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do I remove a particular shadow in SolidWorks?
Turning off shadows is accessed through the View Settings, located in the top middle of the graphics window, as shown below in Figure 1. To turn off shadows, click the View Settings button, click Shadows in Shaded Mode.
How do you make a custom plane in SolidWorks?
- Click Plane (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane .
- In the PropertyManager, select an entity for First Reference . …
- Select a Second Reference and Third Reference as necessary to define the plane. …
- Click .
Can you change planes in Solidworks?
To change the plane, right click on the sketch in the Feature Manager and select the Edit Sketch Plane Icon. When you do, the Edit Sketch Plane command opens. To change the plane, right click in the window and clear the selections.
How do you reorient a model in Solidworks?
To fix this, go to Insert, Features, Move/Copy.
In the PropertyManager, make sure you are in Translate/Rotate mode and not Constraints mode. (See button at the bottom of the PropertyManager). Type in the angle of rotation desired in the proper box to rotate the body about the X, Y, or Z axis.
How do I turn on Shadows in shaded mode?
To turn on shadows, do one of the following:
- Click View Settings > Shadows In Shaded Mode (Heads-up View toolbar).
- Click Shadows In Shaded Mode (View toolbar).
- Click View > Display > Shadows In Shaded Mode .
How do I remove shadows in SolidWorks 2018?
To remove the shadows in SolidWorks quick render, enable shadows in the view settings (I know, this sounds contradictory). While in the Render Tools interface, click on Edit Scene and deselect Floor shadows in the Basic properties tab.
How do you change planes in SolidWorks 2019?
To change a sketch plane in a configuration:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a sketch and select Edit Sketch Plane. …
- Do one of the following: …
- Under Configurations, select the configurations to which you want the new sketch plane to apply: This configuration, All configurations, or Specify configurations.
How do I change the rendering light in SolidWorks?
In the DisplayManager , click View Scene, Lights, and Cameras , and expand the Lights folder. Right-click the Lights folder or a light in the folder and select Add Directional Light, Add Spot Light, or Add Point Light.
How do I turn off reflections in SolidWorks?
To suppress the display of reflection:
- Click Tools > Options.
- On the General tab, under Performance, select Fastest speed, then click OK.
How do you remove a floor reflection in SolidWorks?
On the Render Tools toolbar, select the ‘Edit Scene’ button and uncheck Floor Reflections.
How do you change materials in Solidworks?
Editing a Custom Material
- In a part document, right-click Material in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Material.
- In the material tree, browse to a custom library and select a custom material.
- Edit properties of the material, then click Save.
How do you show planes in Solidworks?
You can turn the display of planes on or off. To toggle the display of planes: Click View > Hide/Show > Planes.