How do you do a detail view?
From the Type Selector, select Detail View: Detail. On the Options Bar, select an appropriate detail scale. To reference another detail or drafting view, on the Reference panel, select Reference Other View, and select a view from the drop-down list.
How do you show detail in a drawing?
Once a detailed view is placed on the drawing sheet, you can modify the view, using the Drawing View dialog box.
- Open a drawing.
- Click Layout > Detailed. …
- Select a point in an existing drawing view that you want to enlarge in a detailed view. …
- Sketch a spline encompassing the area that you want to show in detail.
What is a detail view?
A detail view is a view of the model that appears as a callout or section in other views. This type of view typically represents the model at finer scales of detail than in the parent view.
What is detailing mode in Solidworks?
With Detailing Mode in SOLIDWORKS 2020, you can now open massive drawings in seconds regardless of their size and complexity. The model does not get loaded but the drawing views are intact, so there is no loss of detail. Detailing Mode is perfect for quickly opening drawings for minor edits or design reviews.
How do I change the shape of detail view in Solidworks?
Modifying a Detail View
- Right-click the profile sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Edit the profile as needed to change the shape or size.
- Click Rebuild to update the detail view.
What is the difference between detail view and section view in Solidworks?
Detail Views are used in drawings to show a portion of a view at an enlarged scale. … Section Views are used in drawings to show internal features of a part by using a straight or offset section line.
How do I view sections in Solidworks?
To create a section view:
- In a part or assembly document, click Section View. (View toolbar) or View > Display > Section View.
- In the Section View PropertyManager, under Section 1, set the properties.
- To section the model with additional planes or faces, select Section 2 and Section 3 and set the properties. …
- Click .
How do you create a detail in CAD?
Create a Detail View with a Circular Boundary
- Click Layout tab > Create View panel > Detail drop-down > Circular. …
- Click the view to use as the parent view. …
- Click in the drawing area to define the center of the area to magnify. …
- Click to specify the diameter of the area to magnify.
What is the purpose of detail views?
A detail view is used to clarify specific areas of a drawing. Usually, an area is enlarged so that small details are easier to see.
What type of lines are used to show a surface in a section view where material has been cut away?
On a normal view, a special line called a cutting-plane line shows where the cutting plane passes through the object (see Figure 8-1C). On the sectional view, the cut surface is marked with thin, evenly spaced lines, known as section lining or crosshatching.
How do you hide lines in detail view?
You can hide the display of the border of the detail view after you place it. If you select the detail view border, and then select the Properties button on the command bar, you can clear the Show Detail View Border option in the Drawing View Properties dialog box.
How can I download solidworks 2020 for free?
Download SOLIDWORKS 2020 #sw2020
- Download SOLIDWORKS 2020 #sw2020.
- Go to www.solidworks.com. …
- Sign into your account using your email address and password. …
- Once you are logged in, click on Downloads and Updates under the Download section.
- On the Downloads page, make sure that 2020 is the Selected Version.
How many modes are available in Solidworks platform?
There are three modes of solidworks, parts, assembly and Drawing.