If you enter the wrong distance to extrude to: and exit the boss-extrude dialog without correcting it, go to the design tree, right-click on the extrude name, and find the “edit feature” button in the box of options that appears above the mouse. The dialog will reopen and you can edit the properties of the extrude.
How do you undo an extrusion in Solidworks?
To remove the faces defining the extrude from the model after extruding, click Delete original faces. The green area is the face defining the extrude. The resulting model is hollow where the face was deleted. To create a single body from the extrude when faces are deleted, select Knit result .
How do you change the size of an extruded object in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do I edit a part in Solidworks?
Editing a Part in an Assembly
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
What is extruded boss in SolidWorks?
Oysu. Chapter 3 Extruded Boss and Cut. Extrude tool is used to extend a sketched profile in one or two directions as either a thin feature or a solid feature. An extrude operation can either add material to a part (in a base or boss) or remove material from a part. 3.1 Extruded Boss.
How do you sweep cut in SolidWorks?
Swept Cut PropertyManager
- Open a part that has either a closed profile sketch and a sketch path, or a part with a sketch line, edge or curve on the model that you can specify as a path. For a solid profile, open a part that has a tool body as the profile and a sketch path to follow.
- Click Swept Cut (Features toolbar).
How do you remove a cut Extrude in SolidWorks?
Click Delete/Keep Solid/Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Delete/Keep Body. In the PropertyManager, select Delete Bodies or Keep Bodies.
How do I undo extrude?
- Select the top extruded face ( Ctrl Tab then choose ‘face’ and right click to select the face)
- Use Ctrl Numpad+ to extend the selection. Do that several times. …
- X to delete the selected vertices.
- Ctrl Tab then choose ‘edge’ this time.
- Alt RMB to select the edges surrounding the hole.
- F to remake the face.
How do you edit in Solidworks?
To edit a sketch:
- Right-click one of the following: The sketch in the FeatureManager design tree. A feature built from the sketch, either in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree. …
- Select Edit Sketch .
- To close the sketch when you are finished editing, right-click in the sketch and select Exit Sketch.
How do I extend extrusion in Solidworks?
- Click Extended Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Extend.
- In the PropertyManager: Under Edges/Faces to Extend, select one or more edges or faces in the graphics area for Selected Face/Edges . For edges, the surface extends along the plane of the edge. …
- Click .
How do I edit a dimension in Solidworks?
To change a dimension:
- Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears.
- Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box. …
- Choose from: …
- Use the buttons as follows:
How do I cut part of a Solidworks assembly?
To create an assembly feature cut:
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
- Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.
How do you cut a part in assembly in Solidworks?
- In the assembly, click Edit Component for the part to be cut.
- Insert – Feature – Cavity.
- Select the part that you wish to do the cutting with.
- Hide the cutting tool if necessary. You can’t suppress or delete it, as the cavity feature is referencing it.
How do you subtract two parts in Solidworks?
To subtract bodies:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Subtract.
- For Main Body, select the body to keep. …
- For Bodies to Subtract, select the bodies whose material you want to remove.
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .