How do you explode parts in SolidWorks?
Creating Exploded Views (Multibody Parts)
- Click Exploded View. (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Exploded View.
- Select one or more solid bodies to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a triad arm to explode the solid bodies. …
- Under Settings, click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as needed, then click .
How do you auto explode in SolidWorks?
With an assembly open, select the components that you want to explode in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree and click Exploded View . In the PropertyManager, select Auto-space components on drag. Use the handle in the graphics area to move all the components.
How do you save an animation to explode in SolidWorks?
To explode or collapse:
- Click Animation Wizard. (MotionManager toolbar).
- In the Select an Animation Type dialog box: Select Explode or Collapse. …
- In the Animation Control Options dialog box: Type the Duration (seconds) of the animation in seconds.
How do you explode a weldment in SolidWorks?
I have taken one of the MULTIBODY PART [Weldment and Solid Body] as an example for this blog. Open the Multibody Part file in SolidWorks 2020 -> Go to Configuration Manager-> Create Exploded View or Go to Menu bar-> Insert-> Exploded View. Create an Exploded View as per requirement and save the file.
How do you add an explode step in Solidworks?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do I edit a explode in Solidworks?
To edit an explode step:
- To open the Explode PropertyManager: Right-click Exploded View and click Edit Feature. …
- Reposition the components: To move a component along its axis, drag the handle . …
- Update the options in the PropertyManager: Select components to add to the step. …
- Click Undo to undo changes.
- Click Done.
How do you animate an exploded view?
For Assemblies only. To animate the exploding and collapsing of the view, do one of the following: Right-click Exploded View , and click Animate explode or Animate collapse.
Is there an auto exploded view in Solidworks?
In SOLIDWORKS 2020, for Exploded Views you can turn on the option “Auto-space Components on Drag” even for existing explode steps. … To create a new exploded view and explore these options, create a new exploded view from Insert > Exploded view.
How do you animate in Solidworks?
You can create an animation by dragging the time bar along the timeline to a point in time, and then moving a component to a target location. The MotionManager moves the component from its initial position to the position that you designate at a specified time.
Can you explode a multi body solid?
While a multibody part is exploded, you cannot add mates to it. You create exploded views in multibody parts by selecting and dragging solid bodies in the graphics area, creating one or more explode steps. You can copy exploded views from the active configuration to other configurations.