How do I change the center of mass in Solidworks assembly?
(Tools toolbar) or Tools > Mass Properties.
In the Override Mass Properties dialog box:
- Select Override center of mass.
- Enter values for coordinates X, Y, and Z.
- Optionally, for As defined in, select a coordinate system previously defined by you.
- Click OK.
How do I center an assembly in Solidworks?
In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates, click Profile Center . For Entities to Mate, select the edges or faces that you want to center-align. In the PropertyManager, you can optionally: Change the mate alignment by clicking Aligned or Anti-aligned .
How do you select a center point in Solidworks?
Just go to Tools, Options. I typed “centerpoints” in the search box and then just select the option you want and it will take you right to it.
How do I move origin to center of mass in Solidworks?
Select the Center of Mass in the Feature Manager Design Tree and click Reference Geometry / Coordinate System in the Features toolbar. In the Property Manager, make sure Center of Mass is in the Selections field and click the green check box. This will establish the Center of Mass as a Coordinate System.
Can SolidWorks calculate center of mass?
You can add a Center of Mass (COM) point to parts and assemblies. In drawings of parts or assemblies that contain a COM point, you can show and reference the COM point. You add a COM point by clicking Center of Mass (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Center of Mass.
How do you dimension center of mass in SolidWorks?
Inserting a Center of Mass in a Drawing
- In a drawing, click Insert > Model Items.
- In the Model Items PropertyManager, under Reference Geometry, click Center of Mass .
- Click . You can create dimensions between the center of mass points and geometric entities using any of the dimensioning methods.
How do you Unfix a component in Solidworks assembly?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you align parts in Solidworks?
To align sketches:
- Select a line or a point in a sketch to be aligned with another sketch.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line or a point in the second sketch to which the first sketch is to be aligned.
- Click Align Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Sketch.
How do you show the center in Solidworks?
(Annotation toolbar) or Insert > Annotations > Center Mark. Under Manual Insert Options, select the center mark and set the options. Set the remaining options in the Center Mark PropertyManager.
How do you find the center of a circle in Solidworks?
Go to Annotation Tab on Command Manager. Click on Center Mark. This opens the Center Mark property Manager.
How do I add assembly to origin in Solidworks?
Inserting Multiple Components at the Origin
- Open a new assembly.
- If the origin. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Part/Assembly to Insert, click Browse, and browse to install_dir sampleswhatsnewassembliesmill.
- In the dialog box, Ctrl + select these parts: …
- Click Open. …
- Double-click on the assembly origin.
How do you change XYZ in Solidworks?
Specifying the Up Axis for View Orientation
- Open a model.
- Click View Orientation (View toolbar).
- In the Orientation dialog box, click the Up Axis flyout and select an option: Apply Y-up views. Uses the Y-axis as the up orientation for views. Apply Z-up views. Uses the Z-axis as the up orientation for views.
How do I use assembly in Solidworks?
Creating an Assembly from a Part
- Click Make Assembly from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar) or File > Make Assembly from Part. An assembly opens with the Insert Component PropertyManager active.
- Click in the graphics area to add the part to the assembly. SOLIDWORKS makes the first component fixed.