How do you move freely in SolidWorks?
To move or align the triad:
- Drag the center ball to drag the triad freely.
- Alt + drag the center ball or an arm and drop it on an edge or face to align the triad with the edge or face.
- Right-click the center ball and select Align to, Align with Component Origin, or Align with Assembly Origin.
How do you move a position in SolidWorks?
Changing the Position or Size of a Profile
- Select the profile. The pointer changes. to when it is on the detail profile.
- Drag the center point to change the position, or drag a side to change the size. The Detail View changes as the profile changes.
How do you select and move in SolidWorks?
Right-click the drawing name at the top of the FeatureManager design tree and select Move. Type a value in the X value or Y value box, and click Apply. All of the drawing entities move the specified distance in the X or Y direction. Click Close to exit the dialog box.
How do I move in SolidWorks without a mouse?
Press the arrow keys. Hold down Shift to rotate in 90° increments. Click Rotate View or View, Modify, Rotate; select a vertex, edge, or face; then drag the pointer.
How do I move part of a part in Solidworks?
Using the PropertyManager to Move a Component
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do you move and rotate parts in Solidworks?
Click Rotate Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Rotate. The Rotate Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do I move details in SolidWorks?
Modifying a Detail View
- Right-click the profile sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Edit the profile as needed to change the shape or size.
- Click Rebuild to update the detail view.
How do you move a whole sketch?
In sketch mode, do one of the following:
- Click Move Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Move.
- Click Copy Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Copy.
- Right-click to display the Sketch shortcut menu, click Sketch Tools, and click Move Entities or Copy Entities.
How do I move an image in SolidWorks?
You can drag and resize images in the graphics area. You can control position, size, rotation, and transparency of images in the Sketch Picture PropertyManager. To open the PropertyManager and enable dragging, double-click the image.
How do I move a surface in SolidWorks?
Click Move Face (Mold Tools or Features toolbar) or Insert > Face > Move . You can also right-click a face and click Move Face, or select Move Face on the Direct Editing CommandManager tab.
How do you move components?
Move component by drag and drop.
- Click and hold the mouse button on the component that you want to move.
- Drag the component to the new location. You will see a blue highlight and arrow as a visual indication on where the component will be drop.
- Release the mouse button to drop the component to the new location.