How do you save an isolated part in Solidworks?
To isolate components that share a mate, right-click the mate in the FeatureManager design tree and click Isolate. Select a component to edit and click Edit Part or Edit Assembly . Optional: Click Save as Display State to save the display characteristics to a new display state.
How do you make multiple bodies in Solidworks?
(Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine. In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add. For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. folder in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you split a solid in Solidworks?
You can split one or more solid or surface bodies. To split a surface, the Trimming Surface must extend past the boundaries of the surface to split. Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
How do you save internal parts in Solidworks?
Search ‘Save As External Part’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
Set the following options in the dialog box, and then click OK.
- Save internally(inside the assembly). …
- Save externally (specify paths). …
- File Name. …
- Path. …
- Same As Assembly.
How do you save a Solidworks assembly with parts?
Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager
- In an assembly, click File > Save As.
- Select Part (*. prt;*. sldprt) for the file type.
- Select Include specified components.
- Select Override defaults.
- Click Save.
How do I make part of a part into Solidworks?
To insert a part:
- With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part.
- Browse to a part document and click Open. …
- Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the inserted part to be included in the derived part.
What does split line do in Solidworks?
tool projects an entity (sketch, solid, surface, face, plane, or surface spline) to surfaces, or curved or planar faces. It divides a selected face into multiple separate faces. You can split curves on multiple bodies with one command.
How do you move a body in Solidworks?
Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies. Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
How do I add a body in Solidworks?
Expand Solid Bodies in the FeatureManager design tree. Right-click a solid body name, select Add to New Folder, and name the folder. The selected solid body is listed in the new folder. You can drag other bodies into the same folder, and create other new folders and subfolders.
How do you isolate a feature in Solidworks?
To isolate components: Select the components you want to isolate in the graphics area or the FeatureManager design tree. Click View > Display > Isolate or right-click and select Isolate. To isolate components that share a mate, right-click the mate in the FeatureManager design tree and click Isolate.
How do you cut a body in Solidworks?
- Edit the solid body: In the FeatureManager design tree, click the solid body and click Edit Part. …
- Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface.
- In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies.
What does consume cut bodies mean in Solidworks?
Select Consume cut bodies to copy cut-list items from multibody parts to resulting parts.