How do I reduce the size of my family in Revit?
Autodesk Revit 2018 – Top Tips to Reduce Family File Size
- Use only native Autodesk Revit geometry (no SAT files sorry!)
- Keep voids to a minimum where possible.
- Practice good family nesting (if geometry is used more than once, don’t array it, nest it)
- Check for duplication of geometry in nested families.
Why can’t I scale a group in Revit?
The Scale tool is unavailable if your entire selection contains just one non-supported element. On the Options Bar, select Numerical. Enter a scale factor. For example, if you enter a scale factor of 2, the element increases to be twice its original size.
How do you scale down a view in Revit?
Right-click the activated view, and click Pan Active View. Drag the cursor to pan the view. Change the scale of the view. On the View Control Bar, for Scale, select the desired scale.
How do I change the scale of a section in Revit?
Use one of the following methods:
- In the Project Browser, right-click the view, and click Properties. On the Properties palette, for View Scale, select a value.
- Select a scale from the View Control Bar.
How do you purge unused families in Revit?
Select the family or type to delete. Tip: To select more than one family or type, press and hold Ctrl while selecting. Do either of the following: Right-click, and click Delete from Project.
How do you edit a family in Revit?
Do one of the following: Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify |
Open the Family Editor
- On the ribbon, click (Model In-Place). …
- In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select the family category, and click OK.
How do you change the scale of elevation in Revit?
In the Modify dialog, click Change View Scale. In the Change View Scale dialog, enter the desired scale and click OK. The size of text annotations in the view adjust accordingly. Now you can make other changes to the selected site element.
How do you scale a tree in Revit?
In a view, select a plant to modify, and click Modify | Planting tab Properties panel (Type Properties). If you want to change the height of all plants of this type in the current project, do the following: In the Type Properties dialog, for Height, enter a value to indicate the new height of the plant. Click OK.
How do you use custom scales in Revit?
Assign a View Scale
- On the View Control Bar, click the view scale, and select Custom.
- In the Custom Scale dialog, enter a value for Ratio.
- (Optional) Select Display Name, and enter a custom name for the scale.
- Click OK.
How do you change a scale to not scale in Revit?
In order to do that, you need to go to the Drawing View (not the Sheet View) and at the bottom you should see what scale the drawing is set to. Click on the scale and then select “Custom…”. A dialog box should pop up.