How do I turn off detail lines in Revit?
The ‘Linework’ tool can be found in the Modify Tab – View Panel – Linework. Select the ‘Linework’ tool, pick the line you want to disappear, select the ‘Invisible Lines’ line style from the dropdown in the ribbon. There may be several coincident edges so keep picking until all the lines are changed to ‘Invisible’.
How do I turn on sketchy lines in Revit?
Revit – Sketchy Lines
- Open a view.
- On the View Control Bar, click Visual Style Graphic Display Options.
- Under Sketchy Lines, select Enable Sketchy Lines.
- For Jitter, move the slider or enter a number between 0 and 10 to indicate the degree of variability in the sketched lines.
How do you add a detail line in Revit family?
For lines, select the line and click Modify | Lines tab Mode panel (Visibility Settings), and select the views in which the object will be visible. For filled regions, select the filled region and click Modify | Detail Items tab Mode panel (Visibility Settings), and select the views in which the object will be visible.
Open the view. (If needed) To display view properties on the Properties palette, right-click in an empty area of the view, and click Properties. Display all hidden lines according to the Hidden Lines subcategory available for most model categories in the Visibility/Graphics dialog.
How do I use the linework tool in Revit?
Use the Linework Tool
- Open the view in which you want to change line styles.
- (Optional) To turn off Thin Lines, click View tab Graphics panel (Thin Lines).
- Click Modify tab View panel (Linework).
- Click Modify | Linework tab Line Style panel, and select the line style to apply to the edge from the Line Style drop-down.
How do you draw lines in Revit?
Sketch a Line
- Select a tool that allows for a line. …
- Click Modify | Place Lines tab (or respective Modify | Place <Element> tab or Modify | Create <Element> tab) Draw panel (Line).
- On the Options Bar: …
- Click in the drawing area to specify the start point of the line.
How do you make a 3D line in Revit?
Use the Model Line tool to add a 3D line to the design.
- Click (Model Line). …
- Click Modify | Place Lines tab Draw panel, and select a sketching option or Pick Lines to create lines by selecting lines or walls within the model.
How do you add detail items in Revit?
Insert a Detail Component
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Component drop-down (Detail Component).
- From the Type Selector, select the appropriate detail component to place.
- Press SPACEBAR to rotate the detail component through its different snap points to other elements.
- Place the detail component in the detail view.
In what view will detail lines show in a model in Revit?
Detail lines are visible only in the view in which they are drawn. Often they are drawn over the model view. You can convert detail lines to model lines.
How do you create a detail item in Revit?
Use tools on the Create tab to create the shape of the detail component. A detail component is displayed in a symbolic form and is not shown in 3D. Click the Line tool to sketch the symbol. Tip: You can change the order of objects in the family by using the detail component draw order tools.