How do you start a new part document?
If you already have a file open in Word, you can create a new document by clicking File>New. You can also use the shortcut Ctrl+N (Command+N for Mac). To open a blank document, double-click the blank document option.
How do you create a Solidworks file?
To create a new SOLIDWORKS document: Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
Creating a New SOLIDWORKS Document
- See previews as you select templates.
- Add your own tabs.
- Access the tutorial templates on the Tutorial tab.
- Select the display types: Large Icons , List , or List Details .
How do I create a new part drawing assembly template in Solidworks?
To create a template:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- Double-click the type of template that you want to create: Part, Assembly, or Drawing.
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, select options to customize your new document template, then click OK. …
How do you change the properties of a part in Solidworks?
To edit custom properties:
- Click Edit List on the Custom tab of the Summary Information dialog box. The Edit List dialog box with the list of properties appears.
- You can do one of the following: Add. Type a name in the box and click Add. Delete. Select a property from the list and click Delete. Move Up.
Can I change a part template in Solidworks?
This can be done by file, open (change your file type to Template), browse to the folder where your existing part template is stored or by file, new and selecting the existing part template.
How do I save a new template in Solidworks?
Saving a Custom Template
- Insert a table into a drawing.
- Customize the table.
- Right-click in the table and select Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, type in the template name, browse to a folder, and click Save.
What format does solidworks use?
SolidWorks is a CAD software developed by Dassault Systèmes. SolidWorks supported native or neutral formats are IGES, DXF, DWG, STEP, ACIS, STL, Parasolid, PDF, VDA.
What is a part template in Solidworks?
Making a SOLIDWORKS Part Template is a quick and easy way to model in the desired unit of measure, have the appropriate visual qualities and have other specific settings turned on or off. … This process will work for creating SOLIDWORKS part, assembly, route, weldment and drawing templates.
How do I add a second sheet in Solidworks?
To add a sheet: Click Insert > Sheet. You can also right-click any sheet tab or any sheet icon in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Add Sheet.
How do you save a drafting standard in Solidworks?
Click Options (Standard toolbar). Select Drafting Standard from the Document Properties tab. Select an overall standard. You can also change, load, or save the overall drafting standard.
How do I create a component list in Solidworks?
With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials. Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. To create a top-level BOM, select Top-level only for BOM Type.
How do I import a template into Solidworks?
In the SolidWorks software, click Options or Tools, Options. On the System Options tab, select File Locations. Select Document Templates in Show folders for. Click Add, browse to the folder you created in step 1, then click OK.