To modify a permanent dimension, select the geometry that references it. Use the Dimension tool to place permanent dimensions on components in a project or family. You can select from aligned, linear (horizontal or vertical projection of a component), angular, radial, diameter, or arc length permanent dimensions.
How do you lock dimensions in Revit?
Lock Labeled Dimensions
- To lock a dimension directly in the drawing area, click the lock icon next to the dimension.
- To lock a labeled dimension from the Family Types dialog: Select a dimension in the drawing area. Click Modify | Dimensions tab Properties panel (Family Types).
How do you change permanent dimensions in Revit?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
How do you draw a continuous dimension in Revit?
Add a linear dimension to a drawing to measure between 2 points.
- Click Annotate tab Dimension panel (Linear).
- Place the cursor at a reference point on an element, such as a wall or a line, or at the intersection of references, such as a join between 2 walls. …
- Click to specify the reference.
What is a temporary dimension in Revit?
Temporary Dimensions. As you create or select geometry, Revit Architecture displays temporary dimensions around the component. This is useful for placing the component in the proper place. Temporary dimensions are created to the nearest perpendicular component and increment by the set value.
How do you turn on temporary dimensions in Revit?
Show Temporary Dimensions with Multiple Elements Selected
When you select multiple elements in Revit, temporary dimensions and constraints do not display. Use the Activate Dimensions option to display them.
How do you lock a family parameter in Revit?
Family Types Dialog – Lock Parameter
- Click a dimension in the drawing area.
- Click Modify | Dimensions tab | Properties panel Family Types.
- Select Lock to constrain a parameter.”
How do I create a custom dimension in Revit?
Create Custom Dimension Units
- Click Annotate tab Dimension panel.
- On the Dimensions panel drop-down, click the appropriate dimension tool. …
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate. …
- Under Text, for Units Format, click the value button.
- In the Format dialog, clear Use project settings.
How do you change dimension properties in Revit?
On the Annotate ribbon, expand the Dimension panel, and click Linear Dimension Types again. Under Text, you can control the appearance of the dimension text. You can set a Width Factor, control various formatting options, control the text size and offset from the dimension line, choose the text font, and so on.
How do you create a dimension style in Revit?
Specify Dimension Styles
- Click Annotate tab Dimension panel drop-down, and select one of the options.
- In the Type Properties dialog, select the dimension type you want to work with from the Type list.
- If desired, click Rename to rename the type, or click Duplicate to create a new dimension type.
How do you change dimension precision in Revit?
Right-click the dimension, and then select Edit from the menu. In the Edit Dimension dialog box, click the Precision and Tolerance tab.