How do I change the grid spacing in SketchUp?
You can adjust the grid spacing by typing in a gridline interval and hitting the enter key whenever you activate the tool, before you click in your model to start creating your grid. NOTE: Do not set your interval to something crazy like 2” – your model will become unmanageable very quickly.
How do you turn on object snap in layout?
Actually F9 key works as toggle for SNAP ON/OFF. Once you will turn off SNAP, you will be able to use Object snaps (OSNAPs) to draw lines.
How do I turn off the grid in SketchUp?
Select your component, right click and choose Soften / Smooth Edges. This will open the Soften Edges tray (assuming you are using SketchUp 2018). Make sure “Smooth Normals” is checked and then adjust the Angle slider until you get the result you want.
Where is the sandbox tool in SketchUp?
In SketchUp Make, you also have access to the Sandbox tools, but you must enable them. Select Window > Preferences > Extensions from the menu bar. The System Preferences dialog box opens, and the Extensions option is selected in the sidebar on the left. In the pane on the right, select the Sandbox Tools checkbox.
How do I make a group in Sketchup?
To create a group, follow these steps:
- With the Select tool ( ), select all the entities you want to include in your group.
- Select Edit > Group from the menu bar. Or context-click the selection and choose Group from the menu that appears. Everything in the selection becomes grouped within a bounding box.
How do you make a hexagon in Sketchup?
To draw a polygon, follow these steps:
- Select the Polygon tool.
- Click in the drawing area to place the polygon’s center point. …
- (Optional) By default, polygons have 5 sides. …
- Move the cursor in or out from the center point to size the polygon and click to finish the shape.