How do you move multiple items in Revit?
Select Multiple Elements
- While pressing Ctrl , click each of the elements. …
- Draw a selection box by placing the cursor on one side of the elements to be selected and dragging it diagonally to form a rectangular boundary. …
- Press Tab to highlight connected elements, and then click to select.
How do you edit Mass in Revit?
Basic Mass Editing: Adding voids
- Select the mass, then click ‘Edit In-Place’.
- Select drawing tool.
- Set the plane to draw by face or to a work plane. …
- Draw the profile of the void.
- Select the perimeter (tab & click).
- Click on void form.
- Drag the extrusion (press spacebar to orientate. …
- Click ‘Finish Mass’.
How do you move components in Revit?
Move a Level-Based Component to a Different Host
- In a section or elevation view, select the level-based component.
- Click Modify |
Host panel Pick New Host.
- In the drawing area, highlight the desired new host (floor, surface, or level), and click to complete the move.
How do you move things vertically in Revit?
Some elements can move only horizontally or vertically by default; Revit provides visual cues about the way that a selected element can move. To remove this constraint, press and hold Shift while dragging the element. Conversely, some elements can move in any direction by default.
How do you create a selection box in Revit?
Under the Modify/Multi-select tab, you will find your View panel and Selection Box. This will instantly give you a quick 3D view of all the elements you have selected. To save your view, go to your Project Browser on your left and rename your current view.
How do I filter a selection in Revit?
Using Filter Selection to Find Objects in Revit
- Select all elements in the Revit model.
- Open the Selection Filter (found under the Modify > Selection tab)
- Uncheck what you want to exclude from the Selection or select ‘Check None’ and then choose the categories you want to include in the selection.
How do you change in place mass?
Note: 2D shape handles are available to modify the mass. Click Modify | Mass tab Model panel Edit In-Place. The conceptual design environment opens. Note: 3D controls are available to modify the mass.
How do you move a group of objects in Revit?
Do one of the following:
- Select the elements to move, and then click Modify |
tab Modify panel (Move).
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Move), select the elements to move, and then press Enter .
How do you move objects up and down in Revit?
Move the Model Up, Down, Left and Right
- Display the 2D Navigation wheel, one of the Full Navigation wheels, or the mini View Object wheel.
- Click and hold the Pan wedge. The cursor changes to the Pan cursor.
- Drag to reposition the model.
- Release the mouse button to return to the wheel.
How do you move a model in Revit?
Relocate the Model
- Click Manage tab Project Location panel Position drop-down (Relocate Project). The Relocate Project tool works similar to the Move tool. As you move the cursor over elements, valid references are highlighted and identified in the status bar.
- Move the project graphically in the view.