Scenario: 1 – Open CATIA V5 2 – Open the Drawing. 3 – Use Edit -> Links -> Pointed Documents to find that there is an OLE Link from Word Document in this Drawing. 4 – In the OLE Links Dialog click on the Brake Link button to brake the Link. 5 – Click yes in the pop up message 6 – Close the dialog. .
Perform the following steps to Remove Links.
- Pick one or more item revisions in Teamcenter.
- Pick CATIA V5 >> Remove Links.
- View the process completed message indicating the links which have been removed. If no links have been removed, this message indicates the process has completed.
You can repair a broken link by removing the link to the missing document. For example, if a section has a broken link because a linked topic was deleted, you can open the section in the Outline Editor and remove the missing topic from the section.
In all of those cases we can use the powerful tool in Catia known as Publication.
- Step 1: Publicate. Publicate the element in the part file origin, and copy this element. …
- Step 2: Paste the element in other part. …
- Step 3: Bonus 1: Publicate a section of features. …
- Step 4: Bonus 2: Check all the linked parts are loaded.
What are the options in Paste Special Catia?
Pasting Surface Objects Using the Specification Tree
- Pasting onto a part body.
- Pasting without specifying the paste location.
- Pasting to a new document using As specified in Part document.
- Pasting to a new document using As Result With Link.
- Pasting to a new document using As Result.
How do you replace a part in Catia?
You can perform the following operations:
- use the Load button to load parts (and parts only) that are not loaded. …
- use the Replace button to replace the selected link with another one. …
- use the Refresh button to update the links related to the document without having to close then re-open the Links dialog box.
CATIA link is a dependency relation used to share geometric, parametric or positioning information between components in CATIA V5. Links in CATIA are unidirectional and always point from the child to the parent. There are five types of links each of which are explained below with a common example.
The Multi-model Links (MML) Browser application is designed to view multi-model links of a document and its related attributes in Teamcenter. … The MML Browser displays any CATIAV5 document type related to parts, products, drawings or Design Tables either from CATIAV5 or from Teamcenter.
How do I publish elements in Catia V5?
Select Tools > Publication . The Publication command lets you: Publish a geometric element. Edit the default name given to the published element.