Assuming your computer is up to the minimum system requirements, sometimes the issue is using your computer with more than one monitor. … If this is the case, you will need to make sure the secondary display is plugged directly into the GPU and not into a dock or plugged into a less powerful, onboard video card.
How do I stop SketchUp from freezing?
When using SketchUp on Windows Vista or Windows 7, you double-click the “SketchUp” shortcut on the Desktop or from the “Windows” button, and SketchUp freezes or loads a blank window. How to fix it: To resolve this issue we recommend downloading the latest drivers for your video graphics card.
Why does my SketchUp keeps not responding?
“Not responding” generally indicates that SketchUp is busy working on something. If the file is large or heavily detailed it could be that your computer is slow enough that it will take time. It might be that SketchUp is trying to fix something.
Why does SketchUp 2020 keep crashing?
If SketchUp is crashing immediately after trying to open the application, the issue may be due to your graphics card. On most Windows laptops, there will be two graphics cards to choose from. Sometimes, SketchUp will default to a lesser quality card of the two options, which subsequently causes SketchUp to crash.
Why is SketchUp not opening?
The Quick Answer. Check that your system meets the requirements for SketchUp. Reboot your system to ensure that SketchUp isn’t locked by another process. Make sure that there aren’t any applications running on your system that might conflict with SketchUp, such as anti-virus, firewall, or internet security software.
How do I use Nvidia in SketchUp?
C:Program FilesSketchUpSketchUp 2021
Click on Options. 6. From the Graphics Preference window, you can set which GPU to use for the application. Select Power Saving if you wish to run the application on the built-in GPU, or select High Performance to run the application on the secondary GPU (recommend).
How do you fix select tool working slow in SketchUp 2018?
SOLUTION FOR 2018 SLOW SELECT TOOL
- Download the file.
- Shut down SketchUp.
- Unzip the file and open the unzipped folder.
- Right-click on the WindowsSlowSelectionWorkaround. bat script to “Run as Administrator.” …
- Open SketchUp again and see if selecting is more responsive now.
How do I fix lag in SketchUp?
Follow these tips to keep your model light and optimize SketchUp’s performance:
- Stick to simple styles. …
- Components are your friends. …
- Hide geometry you don’t currently need. …
- Choose JPEGs over TIFFs. …
- Disable fog and shadows. …
- Purge data that you don’t need anymore.
How do I make SketchUp smooth?
To smooth edges with the Eraser tool, hold down the Ctrl key (Option on the Mac) while you click or drag over the edges you want to smooth. Use the Soften Edges panel. Located on the Window menu, this panel lets you smooth a bunch of selected edges all at once, according to the angle of their adjacent faces.
How do I restart SketchUp?
If that’s the case, put everything back where it belongs by resetting your workspace:
- If you’re using Windows, choose Window→Preferences . . . On a Mac, choose SketchUp→Preferences . . .
- Select the Workspace panel (it’s last in the list on the left of the Preferences dialog box).
- Click the Reset Workspace button.
How do I stop SketchUp from not responding?
To overcome sketchup not responding, you can do it with internal settings on Sketchup, how to open the program first, then click Windows, then select Preferences, a new settings window will appear. Finally click the General menu and uncheck the Automatic checking and fixing model problems feature.
How do I enable hardware acceleration in SketchUp?
Click Window (Microsoft Windows) or SketchUp (Mac OS X) > Preferences > OpenGL. Uncheck Use hardware acceleration. Click OK.
How do you fix bug splat in SketchUp?
- Update the driver for your graphics card.
- Open the SketchUp file. Then copy and paste the geometry into a new SketchUp file.
- Open the SketchUp file and select Window > Model Info > Statistics > Purge Unused.
- Make sure that no unusual characters appear in Scene or Layer names.
How do you make a SketchUp model lighter?
How do I make a SketchUp file less heavy?
- Default Tray > Components. If you go to the default tray on the right-hand side of your screen, you will notice a “components” tab.
- SAVE A COPY AS! Before continuing, make sure you save a copy of your original Sketchup file!
- Window > Model Info > Statistics.
- Purge Unused.