Since SketchUp was owned by Google and initially used to crowdsource their Google Earth modeling, there are powerful, easy to use tools built into SketchUp to help both import maps into your models and also to geolocate models in Google Earth. … Type in the location you’d like to import maps from into your model.
How do I import Google Earth topography into SketchUp?
Simply go back to to File>Geo-location>Add Imagery to expand your site with additional imagery. Lastly, to toggle the 3d site terrain on and off go to File>Geo-location>Show Terrain. If you found this sketchup tutorial on how to import a google map with terrain helpful please like and share it.
How do I import KML into SketchUp?
How to Import KML Files Into Google SketchUp
- Launch your Web browser and navigate to your preferred file hosting service. …
- Upload the KML files that you want to import into Google SketchUp. …
- Log in to your Google SketchUp account. …
- Click “Add KML Overlay” in the bottom left-hand corner of the Building Maker screen.
How do I create a KMZ file in Sketchup?
To export a KMZ file, follow these steps:
- Select File > Export > 3D Model. …
- Navigate to the location where you want to save your KMZ file.
- From the Export TypeSave as type drop-down list, select Google Earth File (*. …
- (Optional) In the File Name box, type a new name for your file.
- Click the Options button.
How do I convert KML to KMZ?
KML files are specific data files that are displayed in Google Earth. KMZ files are the zipped version of the KML files. Converting KML files into KMZ files requires a zip program such as as WinZip or WinRar.
Can I import KMZ into Google Maps?
If you have a KML or KMZ file from an older version of Google Earth, you can open it in Google Earth. … To add a file directly from your device, tap Import KML File. To select a file from your Google Drive or a shared file, tap Open project from Drive.
How do I export addresses from Google Maps?
Download map info
- On your computer, sign in to My Maps.
- Open a map.
- In the left panel, click Menu. Export to KML/KMZ.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.