What is polyline in AutoCAD?
A polyline is an object in AutoCAD that consists of one or more line (or arc) segments. A rectangle is an example of a polyline that you are already familiar with. As you’ve seen, it is one object that can be modified and worked with easier than four separate lines.
How do I turn a line into a polyline in AutoCAD?
Converting a PolyLine to a Line
In order to convert an existing multisegmented polyline to a line. Select the line the press the explode button on the ribbon – this will convert the line to a multi-segmented set of basic lines – each of which can be edited seperately.
How do you create a polyline in AutoCAD?
Draw a Polyline with Straight Segments
- Click Home tab Draw panel Polyline. Find.
- Specify the first point of the polyline.
- Specify the endpoint of the first segment.
- Continue specifying segment endpoints as needed.
- Press Enter to end, or enter c to close the polyline.
How do I draw a curved wall in AutoCAD?
To create a curved wall with a specified radius, draw an arc along the desired baseline, and then convert the arc to a wall by selecting it, right clicking on a wall tool and choosing Apply to / Linework from the context flyout.
What is the command used for a polyline?
PLINE (Command) Creates a 2D polyline, a single object that is composed of line and arc segments. The following prompts are displayed.
How do I edit a polyline in AutoCAD?
Change the Width of Individual Segments
- Click Home tab Modify panel Edit Polyline. Find.
- Select the polyline to modify.
- Enter e (Edit Vertex). The first vertex is marked with an X. …
- Enter w (Width).
- Enter the starting and ending widths.
- Press Enter to move to the next vertex or x to stop editing the vertex.
How do I create a closed polyline in AutoCAD?
To Create a Boundary Polyline
- Click Home tab Draw panel Boundary. …
- In the Boundary Creation dialog box, in the Object Type list, select Polyline.
- Under Boundary Set, do one of the following: …
- Click Pick Points.
- Specify points within each area to form a boundary polyline.
Which command enables you to convert a single regular line into a polyline?
To convert LINE to Polyline, you need to use the PEDIT command, which makes it more complicated than doing the opposite operation. Here is how to do it: Type PEDIT and Press ENTER. Type M and Press Enter.
How do I change a polyline to a polygon in AutoCAD?
To Convert Polyline Objects to Polygons
- Set the PROXYGRAPHICS system variable to 0.
- On the command line, enter mappolylinetopolygon. Press Enter.
- If you already had a selection set, the selected closed polylines are converted. If you did not have a selection set, select the polylines to convert. Press Enter.