How do you break a section line?
Break a Section Line
- Click the break control ( ) and adjust the length of the section line segments.
- To rejoin the section line, click the break control again. Note: A break in a section line is view-specific. It affects the display of the section only in the view where the break was made.
How do you break a section line in AutoCad?
Breaking a line into two in AutoCad
- Type in BREAK at the command line or select break tool.
- Select the object you wish to break.
- Select First Point Option (F) then.
- Pick the point where you wish divide the object.
- When prompted to specify second break point, type @ and Enter.
How do you change a section cut in Revit?
One way to adjust Revit Section Line style, is to go to the Object Styles (Manage tab on the Ribbon > Object Styles). Then, on the Annotation Objects tab, there is a Category called Section Line. In this row you can change the line color, line pattern and the line width of the Revit Section line.
How do you shorten a line in CAD?
I like to use the Lengthen command as follows to shorten the incoming line:
- Enter Command: Lengthen and press Return.
- Use the Delta option and enter a negative value to specify the length you would like to cut off, e.g., -2 or -50.
- Choose the line you want to make shorter.
How do you cut a section in AutoCAD?
To Create a Section Line (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- Click Home tab Detail panel Section Line. …
- Select a starting point for the section line .
- Select the next point or points for the section line and press ENTER.
- Enter a letter to reference the section line at the starting point.
- Press ENTER.
How do you trim in CAD?
To Trim an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Trim. Find.
- Select the objects to serve as cutting edges. Press Enter when you finish selecting the cutting edges. …
- Select the objects to trim and press Enter a second time when you finish selecting the objects to trim.
How do sections work in Revit?
Click View tab Create panel (Section). (Optional) In the Type Selector, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type. Place the cursor at the starting point of the section, and drag through the model or family.
How do you view sections in Revit?
To open the section view, double-click the section header, or select the section view from the Sections grouping of the Project Browser. The section view changes when the design changes or the section line is moved.