You can set import options when you import . stl, . wrl, or . 3mf files as SOLIDWORKS documents.
Can you edit an STL file in SOLIDWORKS?
Using SOLIDWORKS 2020, you can now directly add or remove features just as you would on a solid body model. …
How do I open a STL file in SOLIDWORKS 2019?
To set the import options:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In Files of type, select STL (*. stl), VRML (*. wrl), or 3MF (*. 3mf), and click Options.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK. Option. Description. Import as. Graphics Body. …
- Select a file, then click Open to import the file.
How do I convert a STL file?
Once you have optimized your part using the above steps, it is ready to export as an STL file.
- Download the 3D Print Exporter Plugin from ZBrush.
- Select the ZPlugin menu.
- Click 3D Print Exporter.
- Define and scale your dimensions.
- Select STL > STL Export.
How do you convert a 3D object to SolidWorks?
How to Convert OBJ to Solidworks
- Open the SolidWorks software. …
- Select the “OBJ” file extension from the drop-down menu. …
- Wait for SolidWorks to convert the OBJ format to SolidWorks. …
- Click on the “Yes” button when the “Do you wish to run Import Diagnostics on this part?” window in SolidWorks appears.
How do I open a STL file in Solidworks 2020?
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Start SOLIDWORKS and click Open. …
- Change the file type to STL (*.stl) …
- Notice that a new Options button is available now. …
- Change import body to Solid Body or Surface Body and press OK. …
- Browse to the STL file you want to import and click Open.
How do I open a mesh file in Solidworks?
To import mesh files:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select Mesh Files (*. stl, *. obj;*. off;*. …
- Browse to a file to open.
- Click Options.
- In the dialog box, set Import as to one of the following and click OK. Graphics Body. Solid Body. …
- Click Open. The file is imported.
What program opens STL files?
Programs that open STL files
- Microsoft 3D Viewer.
- Microsoft Print 3D.
- IMSI TurboCAD Pro.
- GOM Inspect.
- ideaMK STL Viewer.
- Parametric Technology Creo.
- Dassault Systemes CATIA.
What files can SolidWorks open?
SolidWorks supported native or neutral formats are IGES, DXF, DWG, STEP, ACIS, STL, Parasolid, PDF, VDA.
How do I convert a GIF to STL?
❓ How can I convert GIF to STL file? First, you need to add a file for conversion: drag & drop your GIF file or click inside the white area for choose a file. Then click the “Convert” button. When GIF to STL conversion is completed, you can download your result file.
What is the difference between STP and STL files?
The STP format uses a data algorithm that presents the data in more detail than the STL format. This is due to the transformation of the surface into a kind of mesh of triangles, simplifying the representation of shape in STL format.
What is the difference between STL and STEP files?
STL files are the standard format for 3D objects, especially for 3D printing. … The primary difference between the two file types is that STEP files are typically much easier to edit due to the format being designed specifically for CAD editing purposes.