How do you add bolts and nuts in Solidworks?
To add nuts and washers at the end of a bolt:
- Under Series Components, select a component in Add to Bottom Stack. The component is added to Bottom Stack .
- Select more components as needed. Add washers first, and the nut last. The hardware appears in order from the bolted surface toward the end of the bolt.
How do I install Smart Fasteners in solidworks?
Smart Fasteners automatically add fasteners to your assembly if there is a hole, hole series, or pattern of holes, that is sized to accept standard hardware.
Enable the SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library to use Smart Fasteners:
- Click Tools > Add-ins.
- Select SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library.
- Click OK.
Does solidworks screw?
Automatically add Toolbox Parts with SOLIDWORKS Smart Fasteners. Using the SOLIDWORKS Smart Fasteners feature, you can automatically add fasteners to your assembly if there is a hole, hole series, or pattern of holes — that is sized to accept standard hardware.
How do you add threads in Solidworks?
Creating a Cut Thread
- Open a part file. The diameter of the cylinder is 6mm. …
- Click Insert > Features > Thread .
- In the graphics area, select the top edge of the cylinder.
- In the PropertyManager, under Specification: …
- Under Thread Location: …
- Under End Condition, click Maintain Thread Length. …
- Click .
How do I select a screw in Solidworks?
Click Smart Fasteners (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Smart Fasteners. Edit an existing Smart Fastener. Right-click Smart Fastener in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Smart Fastener.
How do I edit Smart Fasteners in solidworks?
To edit Smart Fasteners: Right-click Smart Fastener in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Smart Fastener. The Smart Fasteners PropertyManager appears.
How do you insert a standard part in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS® Toolbox includes a library of standard parts that is fully integrated with SOLIDWORKS. Select your standard and the type of part you want to insert, then drag the component into your assembly.
How do you copy a fastener in Solidworks?
To copy mates when you copy a component:
- Click Copy with Mates. (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > Copy with Mates.
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click . The PropertyManager remains open so you can create additional instances of the component.
- Click. again to close the PropertyManager.
What is the fastener?
A fastener (US English) or fastening (UK English) is a hardware device that mechanically joins or affixes two or more objects together. In general, fasteners are used to create non-permanent joints; that is, joints that can be removed or dismantled without damaging the joining components.
How do you flip a smart fastener?
To flip Smart Fasteners:
- Under Results, click Edit Grouping.
- Expand the Group in the fastener tree.
- Right-click the Series you want to flip and select Flip. The heads of the fasteners in the selected series flip to the other side of the joint.
What is a hex screw?
Hex bolts, or hex cap screws, are large bolts with a six-sided head (hexagonal!) used to fasten wood to wood, or metal to wood. … Wood screws have a threaded shaft and are used to attach wood to wood. These screws can have a few different times of thread.
How do I use the thread tool in Solidworks?
Thread Tool Top Tips
- Start with a model with a circular feature.
- Select the Thread Tool, then select a circular Edge.
- The tool can be used for SOLIDWORKS External Threads, or for Internal holes.
- Specify the thread type and size.
- Set the thread length.
- Set the sub-options, if needed.