How do I show a sketch in Solidworks?
To show a sketch in a drawing: Right-click the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show. The sketch entities highlight in the graphics area when you point over the sketch name in the FeatureManager design tree. (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Model Items.
How do you make a sketch visible in Solidworks assembly?
If the view was for an assembly, there might be more parts shown under the drawing view list. Expand the associated part and find the sketch that needs to be shown. Then, right-click on the sketch and select “Show”. This ensures that the sketch is shown only for that view and would be hidden everywhere else.
How do I extract a sketch in Solidworks?
To extract auxiliary sketches:
- While editing a sketch, select the sketch entities that make up the auxiliary view.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line in another view to specify the angle of the auxiliary view.
- Click Auxiliary Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > 2D to 3D > Auxiliary.
How do I reuse a sketch in Solidworks?
If you want to reuse the original sketch in another feature, simply make the sketch visible. When editing the sketch you can add contours and use them in the existing features and add new features to the new sketch entries.
How do you select a sketch line in Solidworks?
To sketch a line:
- Click Line. …
- In the Insert Line PropertyManager under Orientation, select one of the following: …
- Under Options, select: …
- Under Parameters, you can do the following, based on the Orientation: …
- Click in the graphics area and sketch the line. …
- Complete the line in one of the following ways:
How do I hide a sketch in Solidworks?
To hide a sketch in a drawing: Right-click the sketch in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Hide.
How do you hide all sketches in a part in Solidworks?
To hide all types in the current document: Click View > Hide/Show > Hide All Types. After you select Hide All Types, you cannot show any hidden items until you clear Hide All Types.
How do I add a layer in Solidworks?
To create a drawing layer:
- Click Layer Properties (Layer or Line Format toolbar).
- In the dialog box, click New, and enter the Name of a new layer. If you save the drawing as a . …
- Specify the line format for entities on that layer as follows: …
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to create as many layers as necessary.
How do you hide points in Solidworks sketch?
Click one of the following:
- Hide/Show Items > View Points.
- View Points (View toolbar)
- View > Hide/Show > Points.
Can you do 2D drawings in Solidworks?
You can create drawing geometry using 2D sketched geometry only, without reference to existing models or assemblies. Sketch tools and sketch relations work the same way in a drawing document as they do in a part or assembly document. …
How do I move a sketch in Solidworks?
Moving or Copying Sketch Entities
- Click Move Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Move.
- Click Copy Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Copy.
- Right-click to display the Sketch shortcut menu, click Sketch Tools, and click Move Entities or Copy Entities.
What is drawing in Solidworks?
Drawings consist of one or more views generated from a part or assembly. A part or assembly must be saved before creating its associated drawing. Parent topicGetting Started in Drawings. Related reference. Model/Predefined/Empty/Drawing View PropertyManager.
Can you copy sketch in Solidworks?
You can copy an entire sketch and paste it on a face in the current part, or you can paste it into a different sketch, or into a part, assembly, or drawing document. … Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C. Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch. Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
How do I get my solidworks toolbar back?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
Can you save a sketch in Solidworks?
Saving Sketches in the Design Library
In the FeatureManager design tree, select the sketch to add to the Design Library. … In the PropertyManager, under Save To, type a file name and select a Design Library folder. Click . The sketch is saved as a block in your Design Library.