Click Home tab Create Design panel Feature Line drop-down Create Feature Line From Stepped Offset . Do one of the following to specify the location for the offset: Specify the offset distance, then select the object to offset. Enter Through, then select the object to offset and select a through point.
Can you trim a feature line in Civil 3D?
Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Trim Find. … Select the objects to serve as cutting edges. Select the feature line(s) to trim.
How do I offset a line in Autocad 3D?
To Offset an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Offset. Find.
- Specify the offset distance. You can either enter a value or use the pointing device to determine a distance with two points.
- Select the object to offset.
- Specify a point to indicate whether the object is to be offset inside or outside of the original object.
Can you extend a feature line?
Extend Line Features to Another Line Feature
Line extension is a two step process: With the Digitizer tool, select the line feature you would like to extend one or more line features to. Then from the Move/Reshape Feature(s) right-click menu option select EXTEND – Select Feature to Extend Line To.
How do you extend a line in Civil 3d?
To Extend Line Lengths
- Click Home tab Draw panel Line drop-down Create Line By Extension Find.
- Select the line to extend.
- To define the length of the line, do one of the following: Select two locations to specify the length that you want to add to the line. Enter a positive distance to extend the line.
How do you use offset Assembly in Civil 3d?
To create an assembly offset
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Assembly drop-down Add Assembly Offset Find.
- Do one of the following: Click an assembly in the drawing. Press Enter to select an assembly from a list.
- Click an offset location in the drawing. The offset location is displayed in the drawing.
How do I create an offset profile in Civil 3d?
If you want to create offset profiles, click the Create Offset Profile tab. Select the Create Profile for Offset Alignment check box and specify the settings for the profiles. You can superimpose the offset profiles on an existing profile view.
Where is the offset command in AutoCAD?
Select the Offset icon on the ribbon panel. Or Type O or offset on the command line or command prompt and press Enter. Specify the value of offset distance. It is the distance value to create a concentric circle from the original circle.
What is the offset command used for?
Creates concentric circles, parallel lines, and parallel curves. You can offset an object at a specified distance or through a point. After you offset objects, you can trim and extend them as an efficient method to create drawings containing many parallel lines and curves.
Can you move feature lines?
AutoCAD commands, such as MOVE and OSNAP, can give undesirable results unless used carefully. … However, you can use the AutoCAD MOVE command to move a feature line horizontally.
How do I change the line elevation in AutoCAD?
To Change the Location of an Elevation Line
- Double-click the elevation line you want to relocate.
- On the Properties palette, expand Basic Location.
- Click Additional Information.
- Specify the location of the elevation line: If you want to… Then… relocate the elevation line. …
- Click OK.