How do I suppress a feature in Solidworks configuration?
You can suppress individual features in the Feature Properties dialog box. Right-click the feature you want to suppress in the FeatureManager design tree and select Feature Properties. In the dialog box, select Suppressed, and then select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specify Configuration(s).
How do you temporarily delete a feature in Solidworks?
- Right-click the model containing an appearance to remove and on the context toolbar, click Appearances .
- Do one of the following: Click next to a face, feature, body, part, or component (assemblies only). The appearance is removed. If all appearances are deleted, the default appearance is used.
How do I suppress a part in Solidworks assembly?
You can also right-click a feature in the FeatureManager design tree and do one of the following to suppress the selected feature and its child features:
- Select Suppress. (In parts with multiple configurations, applies to only the current configuration.)
- Select Properties, then in the dialog box, select Suppressed.
What is suppressing in Solidworks?
When you suppress a feature, it is removed from the model (but not deleted). The feature disappears from the model view and is shown in gray in the FeatureManager design tree. If the feature has child features, the child features are also suppressed.
How do you find a suppressed part in Solidworks?
You can check the referenced file locations to determine which suppressed components are missing. With the model open, click File > Find References. In the dialog box, under In Folder, File not found appears for the missing components. Search ‘Suppressed’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you remove a dimension in Solidworks?
Step 1: Right-click on the Annotation folder under feature manager design tree and check off Show Feature Dimensions. If this option is not checked off, the Hide option would not show up by accessing the right-mouse shortcut menu on a dimension.
What is derived configuration solidworks?
Derived configurations allow you to create a parent-child relationship within a configuration. By default, all parameters in the child configuration are linked to the parent configuration. If you change a parameter in the parent configuration, the change automatically propagates to the child.
How do you delete a layout Assembly in SolidWorks?
To delete layout sheets:
- Select the layout name on the Sheets pane and press Delete.
- Right-click the layout name on the Sheets pane and select Delete.
How do I delete a plane in SolidWorks?
Sketch Plane References
- Select a parent feature that has a child feature. The child must be a sketch-based child, and the sketch must be dependent on the parent.
- Press the Delete key.
- In the dialog box, clear Also delete all child features, then click Yes. …
- Click Continue (Ignore Error) or Stop and Repair. …
- Click Close.
How do you Unfix a component in SolidWorks 2020?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you stop a thread in Solidworks?
First ensure that the Cosmetic Threads are visible in the Part environment as per the section above. Then within the Assembly environment, go to View > Hide/Show and ensure that ‘Hide All Types’ is deselected and ‘Component Annotations’ is selected.
What is a gear mate?
Gear mates force two components to rotate relative to one another about selected axes. … You can mate any two components that you want to rotate relative to one another. You do not have to mate two gears. Similar to other mate types, gear mates do not prevent interference or collisions between components.
How do you define a fillet in Solidworks?
To create fillets:
- Click Fillet on the Features toolbar, or click Insert, Features, Fillet/Round.
- Set the PropertyManager options. For constant radius fillets only, you can use the FilletXpert to add or modify fillets and to manage fillet corners.
- Click OK .