How do you create a sketch plane in Solidworks?
To add a 3D sketch plane:
- Click 3D Sketch (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > 3D Sketch.
- Do one of the following: Click Plane (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Entities > Plane to display the Sketch Plane PropertyManager.
How do you draw a line plane in Solidworks?
Click Plane (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane . The software creates the most likely plane based on the entity you select. You can select options under First Reference, such as Parallel, Perpendicular, and so forth to modify the plane.
How do you create a new plane in SolidWorks?
Adding planes to SOLIDWORKS is achieved using the Plane Wizard. The Plane Wizard can be accessed via Features > Reference Geometry > Plane on the command manager, or via Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane from the drop down menu. Up to three references can be selected in order to define a new plane.
How do you show planes in SolidWorks?
You can turn the display of planes on or off. To toggle the display of planes: Click View > Hide/Show > Planes.
How do you make a 3D plane in Solidworks?
To add a 3D sketch plane:
- Click 3D Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > 3D Sketch.
- Do one of the following: Click Plane. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Entities > Plane to display the Sketch Plane PropertyManager. …
- Create a sketch.
How do you make a parallel plane in Solidworks?
Right-click a face in the graphics area and click Create a Plane Parallel to Screen. The software adds an On Plane or On Surface 3D sketch point where you right-clicked and positions a reference plane parallel to the screen at that point.
How do I use the shell tool in Solidworks?
The Solidworks shell tool is located in both features commandmanager and Insert menubar.
How to Use Solidworks Shell Tool
- Step 1: Create New Part File. Open Solidworks CAD software and create new part file. …
- Step 2: Create Rectangle Box. …
- Step 3: Select SolidWorks Shell Tool. …
- Step 4: Apply Solidworks Shell Tool.
How do I create a sweep feature in Solidworks?
To create a sweep: Sketch a closed, non-intersecting profile on a plane or a face.
Click one of the following:
- Swept Boss/Base on the Features toolbar or Insert > Boss/Base > Sweep.
- Swept Cut on the Features toolbar or Insert > Cut > Sweep.
- Swept Surface on the Surfaces toolbar or Insert > Surface > Sweep.
How do you make an angled line in Solidworks?
Angular Dimensions Between Two Lines
- In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools, Dimensions, Smart.
- Click one line.
- Click the second line.
- Move the pointer to show the angular dimension preview.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
- Click to place the dimension.