How do you move bodies in FreeCAD?
Select a object to be moved and select “Transform” on right-click menu. Arrows and spheres appear for each direction X, Y, Z on 3D view. If you want to translate the object, drag an arrow. If you want to rotate the object, drag a sphere.
How do you get active body in FreeCAD?
Double-click the Body in the tree view or open the context menu (right-click) and select Toggle active body to activate or deactivate the Body. If another Body is active, it will be deactivated.
How do I move a sketch in FreeCAD?
- Press the Move button in the toolbar.
- Use the Ctrl + M keyboard shortcut.
- Use the Sketch → Sketcher tools → Move entry in the Sketch menu.
What is the difference between part and body in FreeCAD?
Part is a container. It can hold many objects that you want to move about as a group. Body is the end result of a chain of PartDesign Features (Pad, Pocket, Revolve, etc). It represents a single solid.
How do you rotate on Freecad?
Rotate mode: hold the Shift key, press the right mouse button once, then move the pointer.
How do I merge bodies in Freecad?
- Select two or more shapes.
- Press the Part Fuse button in the Part tools toolbar. Use the Part → Boolean → Union entry in the Part menu.
How do you hide your body in FreeCAD?
- Select one or more objects.
- Select the View → Visibility → Hide selection option from the menu. Select the Hide selection option from the Tree view context menu. This option is not available in the PartDesign Workbench.
What is a body in FreeCAD?
In FreeCAD the word “Body” is normally used to refer to a PartDesign Body object ( PartDesign::Body class) that is defined by the PartDesign Workbench. This is a container object that can hold 2D sketches and 3D geometrical features to build a solid shape.
How do I make a sketch solid in FreeCAD?
FreeCAD: How to create solid from a sketch?
- Click [File]-[New] in menu bar and create new document .
- Move to Part Design workbench.
- Select “New Sketch” …
- Select “Circle” …
- Click the center of the circle and the center becomes selected state(green color). …
- Coordinates of the center point are displayed on 3D View as numbers.