How do I make a Revit file smaller?
Looking for a way to reduce the file size of your Revit project file (. rvt)? The trick is to use the File–>Save As button. In the Options there is a checkbox called “Compact File”.
Why is my Revit file so large?
Every BIM manager needs to monitor this statistic for every Revit file they manage. If a file grows too large it either means that something is going wrong on the project, or it means that something is about to go wrong. … So if you have 16GB of RAM, you are going to want to keep your file to under 800MB.
How do I manage a large file in Revit?
Identify where the file size is coming from
- Purge unused families.
- Remove all linked files.
- Remove all sheets.
- Remove all views (except for one).
- Remove all in-place families.
- Remove the loaded families (except where one instance must remain in the model) and purge unused families again.
How do I reduce family size in Revit?
Autodesk Revit 2018 – Top Tips to Reduce Family File Size
- Use only native Autodesk Revit geometry (no SAT files sorry!)
- Keep voids to a minimum where possible.
- Practice good family nesting (if geometry is used more than once, don’t array it, nest it)
- Check for duplication of geometry in nested families.
How do I check the size of a Revit file?
Available by right clicking in the Pass/Fail Messages Editor, then choosing Insert>>Value. Name of the check. Size of the selection filter. File size.
How do I reduce the size of a PDF in Revit?
- Edit the families: Purge unused. …
- Use different PDF printer.
- Use Raster processing when printing.
- Hide problematic families from the view before printing.
- Limit the number of sheets being printed and retest. Attempt to narrow down sheets that take longer to print and inspect the sheets for complex geometry.
What does compacting a Revit model do?
Compact Central Model
The process of compacting rewrites the entire file and removes obsolete parts in order to save space.
What is Revit purge?
Purging a Revit model assists in removing unused families, views, and objects from a project. It is recommended that the model should be purged after every submittal and milestone to remove any remaining elements that have accumulated in the project.
What is audit Revit?
Use the Audit function periodically to maintain the health of a Revit model, when preparing to upgrade the software, or as needed to locate and correct issues. The Audit function scans, detects, and fixes corrupt elements in the model. It does not provide feedback on which elements are fixed.
How do I clear unused Revit?
Choose the plus icon to expand the list of imported categories to review. Choose the Purged Unused tool from the Manage Panel in Revit. Review Imported Symbols in Families and check items that are NOT used that you would like to purge or delete. The Purge Unused tool in Revit works as a multi-step process.