How do you add dynamic components in SketchUp?
To add attributes, follow these steps:
- Select the component you want to make dynamic.
- On the Dynamic Components toolbar, click the Component Attributes tool ( ) or select Window > Component Attributes. …
- Click the Add Attribute plus sign icon to see a list of options.
How do I edit a component in SketchUp?
Editing all instances of a component
To open the context, you can double-click the component. Or select it, context-click the selection, and choose Edit Component, or simply hit Enter. Use the SketchUp drawing tools to edit your component.
How do I save a component in SketchUp?
When you are modeling a Component in a working file with other Components: Right-click [context click] on the Component and select Save As. SketchUp will let you point to the folder in which you wish to store the component, and it will use the name of the Component as the default filename for the external file.
How do you copy a component in SketchUp?
To tell SketchUp that you want to duplicate the selected entities, tap the Ctrl (Microsoft Windows) or Option (macOS) key to toggle Copy functionality. Next to the four-way arrow cursor, a plus sign appears. Click the selected entities. Move the cursor to copy your selection.
How do I import items into SketchUp warehouse?
To import a 3D model directly from Trimble 3D Warehouse™:
- Click the Trimble 3D Warehouse button in the tool bar or choose the Window > Trimble 3D Warehouse menu item. Trimble 3D Warehouse™ page will be open in a pop-up browser window. …
- Find the model you want to import. …
- Click the Get Model button on the object page.
How do I change a component to a solid in SketchUp?
Only groups and components can be solids.
This one’s a biggie. For SketchUp to realize something is a solid, you have to make it into either a group or a component first. Another thing: Solid groups and components can’t have other groups and/or components nested inside them.
How do I change a component name in SketchUp?
Rename a component
- In the Outliner, context-click the component name and select Entity Info from the menu that appears.
- In the Definition text box, select the component definition name and type a new one, as shown in the following figure. When you’re done, you can close the Entity Info box.
How do I unhide a component in SketchUp?
Select the hidden geometry, context-click the selection, and choose Unhide. (The Hide menu item changes to Unhide when selected geometry is hidden.) For more complex and interactive information on hiding and unhiding geometry visit our SketchUp Help Forum.