To modify a permanent dimension, select the geometry that references it. Use the Dimension tool to place permanent dimensions on components in a project or family. You can select from aligned, linear (horizontal or vertical projection of a component), angular, radial, diameter, or arc length permanent dimensions.
How do I change the default dimension style in Revit?
Click Annotate tab Dimension panel drop-down, and select one of the options. In the Type Properties dialog, select the dimension type you want to work with from the Type list. If desired, click Rename to rename the type, or click Duplicate to create a new dimension type. Specify the dimension display properties.
How do you lock dimensions in Revit?
Lock Labeled Dimensions
- To lock a dimension directly in the drawing area, click the lock icon next to the dimension.
- To lock a labeled dimension from the Family Types dialog: Select a dimension in the drawing area. Click Modify | Dimensions tab Properties panel (Family Types).
How do you change dimensions in Revit?
In the drawing area, select the dimension to edit. Click the dimension value or the Equality Text label. In the Dimension Text dialog, for Dimension Value, select Replace With Text.
How do you change dimension annotations in Revit?
Click the lock control to unlock the dimension so that you can change it. In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter .
How do you create a custom dimension style in Revit?
On the Dimensions panel drop-down, click the appropriate dimension tool. For example, if you want to apply custom accuracy to a linear dimension, click Linear Dimension Types. In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate. Enter a name for the new dimension style, and click OK.
How do you lock a family parameter in Revit?
Family Types Dialog – Lock Parameter
- Click a dimension in the drawing area.
- Click Modify | Dimensions tab | Properties panel Family Types.
- Select Lock to constrain a parameter.”