First, Window select the sketch entities you wish to move. Second, Hold the CTRL key on your keyboard then Pick and Drag the selected entities from one of the Points in the Sketch.
How do you drag a drawing in Solidworks?
To drag drawing views, do one of the following:
- Select a view (the pointer changes to ) and press Alt while dragging.
- Select the edge of a view (the pointer changes to ), then drag.
How do you click and drag in Solidworks?
To use the Click-Drag method, start your line at the desired location with pressing and holding down the left mouse button. Drag the cursor to where you want to end the line, you will see a preview to stretch out. Release the left mouse button to place the end of the line. Press the Escape key to exit the line tool.
How do you move a whole sketch?
In sketch mode, do one of the following:
- Click Move Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Move.
- Click Copy Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Copy.
- Right-click to display the Sketch shortcut menu, click Sketch Tools, and click Move Entities or Copy Entities.
How do you drag an object in Solidworks?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do I move a sketch forward in Solidworks?
To move a sketch:
- In an active sketch, click Modify Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Modify.
- In the dialog box: To move the sketch geometry incrementally, under Translate, type a value for X value and Y value and press Enter. …
- Click Close.
How do I move a sketch to origin in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin. In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: To change only the sketch origin: Select a vertex or point for Sketch Origin Location .
How do you move a selection in SolidWorks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body:
- Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . …
- Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
How do you move a line in SolidWorks?
To move: Click the line or text and drag to a new location. (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Note. Specify the text properties, then click to place the text in the desired location.
How do you copy and move a sketch in Solidworks?
To copy and paste a sketch:
- Select the closed sketch in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C.
- Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch.
- Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
How do I move a sketch image in Solidworks?
You can drag and resize images in the graphics area. You can control position, size, rotation, and transparency of images in the Sketch Picture PropertyManager. To open the PropertyManager and enable dragging, double-click the image.
How do you align sketches in Solidworks?
To align sketches:
- Select a line or a point in a sketch to be aligned with another sketch.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line or a point in the second sketch to which the first sketch is to be aligned.
- Click Align Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Sketch.