How do I change an external reference in Solidworks?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do I find a reference in Solidworks?
Lists files referenced by the active part, assembly, or drawing document.
Find References Dialog Box
- Click File > Find References.
- Click Copy files.
- Set options in the Pack and Go dialog box and click Save.
- Click Close.
What are external references in Solidworks?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do you change the part reference in a Solidworks drawing?
To change file references in a drawing view:
- Click Replace Model. (Drawing toolbar) or Tools > Replace Model.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selected Views, select a drawing view.
- Under New Model, browse to select a part or an assembly file, and click Open.
- Double-part icon. …
- Click .
What happened Solidworks Explorer?
SOLIDWORKS Explorer has been replaced by SOLIDWORKS File Utilities, which lets you rename, replace, copy, and move SOLIDWORKS files while maintaining file references. … It is also available from https://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/downloads.htm.
How do you auto define in Solidworks?
To fully define a sketch:
- Edit a sketch.
- Click Fully Define Sketch. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Fully Define Sketch.
- Set the options for relations and dimensions in the Fully Define Sketch PropertyManager.
- Click .
Where is a part used in Solidworks?
To find where a document is used:
- Select the document in the File Explorer tab in the left pane.
- Select the Where Used tab in right pane. Information about referenced documents appears in the following columns: Document. Lists the document names. Full path. Size. Type.
How do you delete a reference in Solidworks?
To remove the reference:
- Open the drawing or drawing template that contains the unwanted file reference.
- Expand the View Palette.
- Find and select the the part or assembly that is the unwanted file reference in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Clear All’ button (the red ‘X’).
- Save the drawing file, and check into PDM.
How do you fix a non matching internal ID in Solidworks?
How to resolve SOLIDWORKS Non-Matching Internal ID Errors
- SOLIDWORKS Non-Matching Internal ID. …
- The Original “Wrist Pin” Component. …
- Mate Errors after the Assembly References a Different “Wrist Pin” File. …
- Expand Menu. …
- Replace Components. …
- Re-attach Mates option. …
- Reassign Mates. …
- Reassign Mates Completed.
How do you add reference geometry in Solidworks?
Left click insert → Reference Geometry to insert planes, axis, coordinate system, mate references, and points. Reference Geometry can also be found on the features toolbar. Left click on the pull down arrow and then left click on the desired tool.
How do I move a Solidworks file without breaking references?
Locate the assembly and parts of your project in your local directory. Right click on a part of a SolidWorks part file and open the SolidWork context menu. Select rename or move from the SolidWorks context menu. Move the file or rename the file in the prompt which appears after selecting the option you want.