How do you mirror geometry in Freecad?
- Select sketch to be mirrored (typically by clicking on it in the tree view).
- Click on Mirror sketch or choose Sketch → Mirror sketch from the top menu.
- The resulting sketch is created as a separate new object.
What is use of symmetric constraint?
The Symmetry constraint command enables you to constrain two sets of entities in a 2D profile so that they are symmetric to each other with respect to a symmetry axis. The Symmetry constraint requires that the entities be input as 3 groups — First Group, Second Group and the Axis Line.
How do you draw faces on Freecad?
- Select the face of a PartDesign feature or a solid.
- Click on the Map sketch to face icon in the toolbar (or go to the PartDesign or Sketch menu depending on which workbench is active)
- In the Select sketch dialog window that opens, select from the list the sketch to map to the face and click OK.
How do you use symmetry command in Creo?
Use Home > Constraints > Symmetry in the Structure or Thermal module of native mode to create a cyclic or mirror symmetry constraint. This command is not available in FEM mode. When you select this command, the Symmetry Constraint dialog box opens with the below items: Name—The name of the constraint.
How do you lock a sketch on FreeCAD?
Select one or more vertices (points) in the sketch. Constrain lock button. To edit the constraints values, double-click on a constraint value in the 3D view, or double-click on the constraint or right-click and select Edit value in the Constraint list in the Tasks tab.
How do I move a sketch in FreeCAD?
- Press the Move button in the toolbar.
- Use the Ctrl + M keyboard shortcut.
- Use the Sketch → Sketcher tools → Move entry in the Sketch menu.