Where are chief architect libraries stored?
On your keyboard, hold the Windows Key and press R once to open a Run dialog. In the Open line of the Run dialog, type %programdata% and press OK. Locate and browse into the Chief Architect Premier X13 folder. This is the default file location for Core, Bonus, and Manufacturer libraries.
How do you add objects in chief architect?
Tap and hold an item in the Core or Bonus Catalogs to add it to the collection of your choosing. Tap the Add button on the My Collections panel to create a new Collection; tap and hold a Collection to rename or delete it. By default, the Library is pinned open so you can continue placing objects into the drawing.
How do home designers get bonus catalogs?
To download bonus or manufacturer catalogs
- Select Library> Get Additional Content Online from within the software. …
- If you would like to download a catalog, click the Download Arrow icon or the Download. …
- Depending on your web browser, you may be prompted to either Open or Save the .
How do I import furniture into chief architect?
To import a symbol into Chief Architect
- Launch your Chief Architect software and Open the plan in which you would like to import this symbol.
- Select File> Import> Import 3D Symbol to display the Import 3D Symbol File dialog. …
- The imported object will be selected and ready to be placed in the plan.
Is chief architect cloud based?
On-premise and cloud-based CAD solution designed to help create architectural designs and documents quickly and easily….
What does SSA mean in chief architect?
Support & Software Assurance (SSA) Chief Architect offers SSA on an annual basis. SSA is included with all new purchases of Premier and Interiors. It is optional to renew after the first year.
How do you edit an object in chief architect?
To edit architectural blocks
- Click on the Select Objects tool.
- Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click and drag a rectangular selection marquee around the objects. …
- Click the Make Architectural Block button in the edit toolbar to merge the objects into a single architectural block again.
How do you make a 3D object in chief architect?
Navigate to Build> Trim> 3D Molding Line or 3D Molding Polyline , then click and drag in your plan to place a 3D molding line or 3D molding polyline. What if you wanted to draw piping that traveled up and down and also turned 90 degrees with your walls? You would use 3D molding polylines.
How do you group objects in chief architect?
Open a plan in which you would like to group select objects. Click on the Select Objects tool and click on one of the cabinets to select it. When it is highlighted, hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click on each of the remaining cabinets until all are selected.
How do I add a library to chief architect?
To add CAD to the library
If you’re using X13 or a newer program version, and only want to add text to the User Catalog, select the the text object(s) you’d like to add, then select the Add to Library edit tool. Once the text is added, right-click on it and choose Rename to give it a new name.
How do I import an image into Chief Architect?
Launch Chief Architect and open a New Plan . From the menu, select File> Import> Import Picture to open the Import Picture File dialog. Browse to the picture file that you would like to import, click on its name to select it, then click the Open button. The image will now be visible in the center of the drawing area.
What files can Chief Architect import?
There are a number of file types that can be imported into or exported from a Chief Architect plan file; 2D CAD files, images, PDF files, and 3D symbols can all be imported into a plan file. Similarly, 2D CAD versions, high res images, and 3D models of your plan can all be exported.
How do I import AutoCAD to Chief Architect?
To import a DWG/DXF file
- Launch Chief Architect and start a New Plan .
- Select File> Import> Import Drawing (DWG, DXF) from the menu.
- In the Import Drawing Assistant dialog that displays, click Next or Continue to go to the Select File portion of the dialog: …
- On the Select Layers portion of the dialog: