Revolves add or remove material by revolving one or more profiles around a centerline. You can create revolved boss/bases, revolved cuts, or revolved surfaces. The revolve feature can be a solid, a thin feature, or a surface.
What is revolve cut?
About a Revolved Cut. Use the Revolve tool to remove material by revolving a sketched section around a centerline. • To create a cut, use the same angle options as for protrusions.
What is the difference between revolve cut and extruded cut in Solid Works software?
Revolves and Extrudes in SolidWorks are similar in that they both use a sketched profile to make a shape or cut. However, whilst simple bosses extrude this profile along a straight path, Revolves features work in a completely different way – by revolving, or spinning a profile around a centreline.
How do you cut a revolve?
Creating a revolved cut
- From the main menu bar, select ShapeCutRevolve. …
- If desired, specify the method you want to use to select an origin for your sketch of the revolved cut feature. …
- Select the planar face from which the cut will be revolved.
How do you sweep cut in SolidWorks?
Swept Cut PropertyManager
- Open a part that has either a closed profile sketch and a sketch path, or a part with a sketch line, edge or curve on the model that you can specify as a path. For a solid profile, open a part that has a tool body as the profile and a sketch path to follow.
- Click Swept Cut (Features toolbar).
What does extruded cut do in Solidworks?
Extruded cut feature removes material from the part. The End Condition, Draft, and Thin Feature options are same as described in Extruded Boss/Base. To create an extruded cut: 1) Sketch the profile for cut. 2) Click Extruded Cut on the Features toolbar or select Insert, Cut, Extrude on the menu bar.
How do you cut in Solidworks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.
How do you cut a section in Solidworks?
To create a section view:
- In a part or assembly document, click Section View. …
- In the Section View PropertyManager, under Section Method, select one of the following: …
- In the Section View PropertyManager, under Section Option, select how the section offset is calculated: …
- Under Section 1, select a plane.
What is boundary cut in Solidworks?
SolidWorks boundary cut is a cut feature tool which helps to cut a solid model by removing material between profiles in two directions. … Solidworks boundary cut applications are creating different cross-section curved holes, mold design, complex shape face material removal etc.
Can you revolve a 3D sketch?
The sketch for a thin or surface revolved feature can contain multiple open or closed intersecting profiles. The profile sketch must be a 2D sketch; 3D sketches are not supported for profiles. The Axis of Revolution can be a 3D sketch. Profiles cannot cross the centerline.
What is loft in Solidworks?
Loft creates a feature by making transitions between profiles. A loft can be a base, boss, cut, or surface. You create a loft using two or more profiles. For a solid loft, the first and last profiles must be model faces or faces created by split lines, planar profiles, or surfaces. …
What does revolved boss base do in SolidWorks?
Revolved Boss or Base is a SolidWorks feature tool which is used to create solid 3D model around an axis. You can revolve the sketch around an axis to add materials to it.
What is swept boss base?
What is Swept Boss or Base? Solidworks Swept boss is one of the useful features which help to sweeps a closed profile through an open or closed path.
What is revolve boss?
Revolves add or remove material by revolving one or more profiles around a centerline. You can create revolved boss/bases, revolved cuts, or revolved surfaces.