Is PDM Standard included in Solidworks?
SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard is a data management solution for smaller workgroup environments in a single location. Included in SOLIDWORKS Professional and Premium packages, SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard eliminates the overhead of managing SOLIDWORKS and DraftSight data on local and shared network drives.
How do I connect to PDM?
To view and manage items, you must connect to a SOLIDWORKS PDM vault through a local folder called a local vault view. Click Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS PDM > View Setup . In the View Setup wizard, click Next. Select a server and click Next.
How do I open a PDM file in Solidworks?
- In SOLIDWORKS, click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the SOLIDWORKS Open dialog box, select a file type in Files of type.
- Select My Workgroup PDM Documents or Workgroup PDM Vault in the locations sidebar.
- Select options as described below, then click Open or Check Out.
Is PDM included in solidworks premium?
SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard is included with SOLIDWORKS Professional and SOLIDWORKS Premium, and is available as a separately purchased license for non-SOLIDWORKS users. It offers standard data management capabilities for a small number of users.
Does solidworks require PDM?
You need SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional to manage your CAD and non-CAD files effectively and efficiently.
How do I access PDM vault in Solidworks?
To access files, you create a working folder on your local computer called a file vault view. Logging in to the file vault view lets you access files for which you have permissions. You check files out to edit them, so that no one else can make changes, though other users can still view and copy the files.
How do you create a PDM?
Creating a Vault View
- On the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS PDM > View Setup .
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
- On the Select servers screen, select archive servers from the list and click Next . …
- On the Select vaults screen, select vaults from the list, and click Next.