In a SOLIDWORKS drawing, click Edit > Copy to DWG. Open a 2D editor such as DraftSight. Click CTRL + V or use the application’s paste option to paste the copied entities into a 2D drawing.
How do you duplicate a drawing in Solidworks?
To copy and paste a sketch:
- Select the closed sketch in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C.
- Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch.
- Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
How do I copy a drawing from one drawing to another in Solidworks?
To cut/copy/paste a drawing view:
- Select the view either on the sheet or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit, Cut or Copy.
- Change to the target sheet or drawing document, click where you want to paste the view, and click Edit, Paste.
How do you copy a sketch in Solidworks 2020?
Hold down Ctrl while dragging the sketch entity. To copy one or more sketch entities, select the entities, then click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C.
How do you copy a sketch to another plane in Solidworks?
Copy / Paste: If you want to know how to copy a sketch in SOLIDWORKS, this just like you would any other copy / paste function in Windows. Just preselect the sketch then hit copy and then choose the face or plane to locate the copy and then hit paste to add it.
How do you duplicate an object in Solidworks?
Two methods of copying SOLIDWORKS features:
- The first is to hold down the CTRL key, then drag & drop the feature to where you want to copy it to.
- The second method is to use CTRL+C, then pick where you want it to paste to and use CTRL+V.
Can you save a sketch in Solidworks?
Saving Sketches in the Design Library
In the FeatureManager design tree, select the sketch to add to the Design Library. … In the PropertyManager, under Save To, type a file name and select a Design Library folder. Click . The sketch is saved as a block in your Design Library.
Can you copy a section view in Solidworks?
To copy a Detail or Section View from one drawing to another, you must also copy the parent view. You can either copy the parent view first, or you can copy both the parent and the Detail or Section View at the same time.
How do I move a drawing from one sheet to another in Solidworks?
Moving or Copying Views by Dragging
Drag the drawing view icon and drop it on the target sheet icon (the pointer changes to when it is over the sheet icon). when it is over the sheet icon). Search ‘Copying and Pasting Views’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I copy a drawing from Solidworks to Word?
Embedding SolidWorks eDrawings Files in other Documents
- Open a new document in Word or PowerPoint®.
- Click Insert, Object.
- Select eDrawings <version> Control for Object type, then click OK.
- Right-click the eDrawings Control box and select Properties.
- For FileName, browse to any eDrawings file, then click OK.
Can you copy and paste a sketch in Solidworks?
To copy and paste a sketch: Select the closed sketch in the FeatureManager design tree. Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C. Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch.
How do you duplicate a part in Solidworks?
To copy multiple components: In the FeatureManager design tree, Ctrl + select or Shift + select the components to copy. Ctrl + drag the selected components and drop them in the graphics area.
How do you copy a sketch onto another plane?
It’s also true that you can use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V (the keyboard shortcut combo for copy/paste) if you wish. The simple workflow is: select a sketch/sketch entity, copy it, and then go to the destination location. This can be in the same file or a different open file. Select a plane or a planar face, then paste away.
How do I import a sketch into Solidworks?
To import a drawing into a part document:
- Open the drawing (. dwg or . …
- In the DXF/DWG Import dialog box, select Import to a new part and click Next.
- On the Drawing Layer Mapping tab, edit the sheet name and click Next.
- On the Document Settings tab, select Import this sheet and to a 2D sketch.
- Click Finish.
How do you save a sketch in assembly in Solidworks?
To save a virtual component to its own external file, right-click the component and select Save Part(in External File). Alternatively, when you save the assembly, you can select to save the part either inside the assembly or to an external file.
Can you copy features in Solidworks?
You can also copy features from model to model. To copy a feature: … In the FeatureManager design tree, select the feature to copy. Hold down Ctrl and drag the feature to a location on the same face or a different face.